My long term tidy up!

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1d

Had one leak around where the wiring goes into themodule, only when full. I changed the module instead of trying to fix it. can't take module out with more than half tank or fuel goes everywhere

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 20d

Finally had a chance to look at the car.. Turns out it was leaking from the big fuel pump o ring. Why exactly I am still not sure but maybe it just gave up but I'm certain the tank didnt have excess pressure. While it was out I swapped out the Walbro for the Pierburg and fitted it back up with a new o ring. Checked fuel pressure, looked good.

I had to drain 20l from the tank by connecting a hose to the hard line from from the where the fuel filter bolts up, bridged the pump relay.

Checked the serviceable filter while I had it off. Got the fuel back in which put me over 3/4 and on the road test home all looked good, no leaks but some left over smell which a will let air out and I stink on e85 too. Left the back seat out and I plan to fill the tank full again and a few extra clicks then double check again.28ff2ee3d9ca85a158678bf89e114df7.jpga1201a37fbb869ec90464c7b84b02278.jpg0c1f61c570116502bdef55c445e4db7a.jpg

• Like 4

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Yeah those O rings really need to be changed every time you remove the pump I reckon - I tried to reuse one once and it seeped and stank.

Leave the doors open outside for a bit to get the breeze through - the fuel vapour is heavier than air so it tends to accumulate in the footwells etc. It's a bit disconcerting to have a fuel smell in the cabin after working on the pump , isn't it!

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

Lighting up a darb while sitting in the car will fix your fuel smell issue. You also won't have to shave for a while so it's a win win...
Hot looking nurses will also be rubbing in cream on your 3rd degree burns so that's also a bonus!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Car has been going great. Currently eyeing out some 9 inch wide steelies and have some Federals waiting for me for when that happens. Dynamic have nil stock and no eta on when they will have more so I'm ringing around to see if anyone has anything kicking about.

In other news, hub cap theft is on the rise in my area. Seriously though, who knocks off a fricken hub cap? I've got another set of 4 from a Ford Kuga coming and will cable tie them on for extra security haha c2e30c838cf312acc915e0e969186c1b.jpg725baafb2557bff96bedb6e37718f4a0.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ended up ordering some BCI steelies in 17x9 +27 as they were the only ones who had stock.

Never really liked them with the larger Expensive Daewoo holes but gave them a quick squirt of black and they are mostly covered by the new hub cap. Cable tied on for good measure.

First impression I like how they fill out the guards and on the drive to the kebab shop, no grip at all but improving pretty quick. Had no issues disposing of an early c63 so I will scrub them in a little more and see how they go. 4eb3f9c81b4c05ad3c337935aca3e035.jpgbad6b1ada55e5de471f603e2e7ae1ce9.jpg7deef9a54267be76e608d74de3f78ec8.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Got out for a drive on the weekend with a good mix of back roads and straights. In the corners the sq5 and rex left me like I was standing still haha that audi especially looked like it was glued to the road with barely a hint of body roll.

Its the first time I've really driven the car hard and sure enough 3rd to 4th full throttle gear change slipped between gears and struggled to hang on. Something to plan in the near future maybe.

The car has also become a bit of a pain to start with this cold snap.. Not cranking for days but sputters on the first go and starts on the second go. Perhaps a small touch up in the tune can rectify this.

This has also made me wonder if I should look at a good set of coilovers and sway bars as I find the oem spec kyb stuff is just wayyy too soft and squishy. 916fe2c2145f6932e091aa500c3a0faa.jpg4730bda4357ac42deea46f7b60a81f3d.jpg

• Like 2

Just a mate I used to work with in the motorbike industry. We all used to ride together but babies, life, cold so took the warm and toasty cars. Weird group hey? I cropped out the skoda too because I know how much you all love them haha

• Haha 1