My long term tidy up!

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 20d

I did have a play with it yes when I did the engine swap. However I backed it off in an attempt to try and get it to crack open earlier to run lower boost. If I recall correctly I set the pre load to 1.5mm from 2.0mm. So even though it was supplied as the 12psi version, I couldn't get anywhere near that. I'm tipping it has a heavier spring because it appears to operate correctly in every other way.

Oh nah I played with it well before the tune, haven't touched it since.

Everything is the same just the head gasket job. I did connect the blow off valve back up but can't see that being connected to the issue. I must have fixed something along the way or the head gasket was an issue from the start.

I've got a plan and have 2 things on my hit list for now, dyno time to check tune and a surge tank.

• Like 1

Looked around for a decent used surge and didnt really find anything. Stuff missing, old pumps and hefty price tags so I decided to go new. Looked at the single 044 and thought for a little more I'll go with the single pierburg pump. Quality thing too bloody nice to hide under the car! 57d8e7d070676c07878f8e2e928553e6.jpgacef153ee1c6def9ede79b6f2a82f456.jpg

• Like 3