My long term tidy up!

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 20d

Yeah I saw the fenix rad, looks like a nice bit. Was wondering about clearance issues. Will probably end up with a stock 32mm replacement at this stage.

3 hours ago, adams355 said:
400rwkw will spin up easily in second. Was the dyno sheet from its actual last run on the dyno. I'd say that's when the problem started and we all know how bike riders like to limiter bash all the time . You might have been down on power when you picked it up and just got worse over time. Is it pinging, have you got a boost gauge on it? 

It says run #18 on the sheet. It feels the fastest its ever been. When I picked it up, it would dance on the tyres when getting on it but this is full blown wheel spin and then the hose pops off. I've got 2, pillar mounted and through the torque app. Highest registered was 16psi but again not accurate as the hose comes off. I didn't have a single issue with the hose since fitting it the way jet suggested and about 3 months driving since the tune. I will have to sort the rad out and look at it again. No ping detected.

• Like 1

• Member For: 8y 5m 20d
Yeah I saw the fenix rad, looks like a nice bit. Was wondering about clearance issues. Will probably end up with a stock 32mm replacement at this stage.
It fits just fine, I've got mine sitting in the engine bay but I can trial fit the fans and let you know? I was going to change balancer before I fitted the radiator but happy to test fit if you're curious?
  • Like 1

• Member For: 8y 5m 20d

If you need me to test it just let me know, I'm a long way off reassembly haha. You'll probably pay somewhere between $250-$350 for a stock radiator, that's why I went with the Fenix one. It's worth the investment

• Like 1

• Member For: 6y 10m 27d
10 minutes ago, violetpop said:
22 minutes ago, adams355 said:
400rwkw will spin up easily in second. Was the dyno sheet from its actual last run on the dyno. I'd say that's when the problem started and we all know how bike riders like to limiter bash all the time emoji16.png. You might have been down on power when you picked it up and just got worse over time. Is it pinging, have you got a boost gauge on it? 

It says run #18 on the sheet. It feels the fastest its ever been. When I picked it up, it would dance on the tyres when getting on it but this is full blown wheel spin and then the hose pops off. I've got 2, pillar mounted and through the torque app. Highest registered was 16psi but again not accurate as the hose comes off. I didn't have a single issue with the hose since fitting it the way jet suggested and about 3 months driving since the tune. I will have to sort the rad out and look at it again. No ping detected.

Yea I'm not blaming the tuner at all just it might have started the issue on a minor level at that time. Yea 16 on torque app is fine, it can be up to 2-3psi high unless you change some of the settings when you have a proper gauge on it or on the dyno. Jut keep an eye on it I guess.

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Maybe your spark plugs/cam timing/coils are/is working properly now? It's amazing what a set of plugs will do.

Maybe you fixed a boost leak?

• Like 3

Entirely possible Puff. Fresh plugs and gap set yes, Didnt see anything extremely obvious but the inlet manifold bolts were not as tight as what I did them up to when I put the engine in probably that crappy gasket settling in. Will monitor when things get moving again and I can get this hose to stay on.

Well the cooling side of things are spot on now but the car sure is over boosting.

Foot down 3rd gear and I got out of it straight away. The way the boost came on so quick and strong I backed off immediately. Look down over 20psi then look back to see my rods on the road, nothing luckily.

Pulled up at the servo and bypassed the boost solenoid and run it on spring pressure and it kept solid on just under 16.

Something has happened and I can't exactly figure out why.. Possibly the engine was hurt right from buying it from the wrecker or as puff mentioned that I fixed something. Either way some dyno time will be in order to correct the issue and this will be the perfect time to lower the boost down to 12 psi or so.

For now I plan leave the solenoid disconnected. 96541370a419cde451aed18b9978b37e.jpgeea7cab0cdd3f37ea54131db9356b729.jpg

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

if you've bypassed the solenoid and you're making 16psi you won't be able to go under 16psi without changing the actuator or it's pre-load settings.

• Like 2