My long term tidy up!

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 20d

I do need something else to really put the hammer down however I think at this stage, the all season toyos are saving the rest of the drive line from failure. I was eyeing out the Yokohama advan a052 but that Nankang does look pretty appealing too. I really do want to walk away from anything on the street so a sticky setup and stealth looks is a must for the future.

With the engine at a good place now, this years goal is to spread the cost out for a fuel system upgrade, built trans, tail shaft and rear end. See how that works out for me haha

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d
10 minutes ago, violetpop said:

I really do want to walk away from anything on the street

Haha which street would that be ;)

If you get all of the drive line sorted this year, it'll be ready to go when you upgrade the power again.

• Member For: 12y 6m 25d
16 hours ago, violetpop said:

I recall@joncitizen suggesting a kit but can't remember exactly which one it was.

It was the Mackilec kit that uses the slim head ARP 102-2802 bolts on the ZFs. I have a set here if you want.

16 hours ago, violetpop said:

Let's just say its not a wise idea to drive around the airport attempting 0-100 timing runs haha but if you must know, my best time was 5.8 seconds scrambling for what ever traction possible. The car went closer to 5.0 when it had 280rwkw with practically no wheel spin.

I suppose with nothing happening at the airport and no rental cars being ferried by wash boys between the terminals, they have a lot of time on their hands...

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that I love punishment in one form or another.. So last week I had a meeting with a gutter after a sleepy drive home... Rims cactus and I even managed to bend the control arm... So I go about sourcing some 27 inch territory steelies and some lower control arms. What I was not prepared for was the lower control arm inner bolt fouling on the diff!! After much swearing I give in. Cradle out, diff bolts out and jiggle the bolts out and get it back together... Wheel alignment next up. If I didnt have access to a hoist I'd be parting the car out I rekon 14b0389beddbbecf051a05ddb83afb41.jpg17c8456d6a9c4bbb4a19302d2d074e66.jpg9c951d6bd1495f5a771c3f28646afddd.jpg9d1f98d153220e6a996c8ad6cd486be1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Haha buddy at least you are honest enough to post it up you get kudos for that.

See this is what happens when you put a bike rider in a decent car... 
Haha I've come this far I might as well share the whole journey. I have a playbook of excuses though, wet road, dark but it certainly wasn't driver error...... Maybe.
  • Like 1

Ran out of steam last night and left the rim change over for another day. A quick and dirty rear wheel alignment corrected the thrust angle and got the steering wheel straight again.

I was expecting the damaged rim to be buckled but it really isn't that bad and perfectly fine to drive on. This will give me some time to find someone who can widen the 17 inch steel rears and I hope to get them out to about 9 inches minimum.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on some generic hub caps and ford centre cap stickers to go for a total stock type look. I originally looked at Ford Crown Vic (last pic) hubcaps but they were just too expensive to get a set of 4 and delivered here.93acc4d465e0fe4029c953835414c6dd.jpgc30e2cc9095ac3f7ba7edeb08104352e.jpga1daa2fba6ba3e1ce02df66bf4230f1b.jpg4fd3e46ec8005ffbca7d4c346d687f78.jpg

• Like 1