My long term tidy up!

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

So much better mate ! 

Omar knows his Chit and does a good job. That’s a very good result for a pinch over 15psi as total used boost to generate the number 

• Like 1

• Member For: 6y 10m 28d

Awesome, glad it worked out for ya mate, must go well. Those RRT turbo's go alright hey. Get mine done on 98 again soon and then see what it can do on e85. No hitting the limiter this time mate haha

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 21d

Sunday wash after a solid week with the car.

I can confirm the AFP don't carry speed detection or recording equipment but they can still pull you over for a chat and reality check...

I've done a few little tidy up things and sorted out a fast charger setup for my phone as the previous setup would charge but if I used some apps it would drain the battery slowly even when charging.

A few small issues have come to light this week but nothing that can't be sorted.

1. The transmission developed a leak pretty much the minute I fitted it back into the car. It looks like its the front seal. When the trans was out, I noticed the converter slipped forward a little and sat that way for the time it was out of the car. Not sure if that would be enough to wreck the seal but its looking like transmission out again. I think in this time I will fit some flex plate bolts/kit. I recall@joncitizen suggesting a kit but can't remember exactly which one it was.

2. There is a noticeable clunk between 1-2 gear changes under heavy acceleration. I feel like this is also in part to the delay in shift that might be in place to save the transmission - possibly trans tune related. For now I have been taking it easy and giving it hits in gear and saving the heavy shifting for future fun. This also highlights the fact that perhaps the stock diff bushes are simply not up the task of this power level so I want to try get the car back on a hoist and inspect. It might also be center bearing related. If this is the case I will look at a set of superpro bushes and look at other ways to stiffen up the drive line to cope with this sort of driving.

In all other aspects the car drives just perfect, it so smooth and strong down low but so quick to come alive and get moving. With the sound proofing inside and nice fpv seats the car really feels much nicer inside that what it actually is. 37373c758320249cbf3b62daea28b979.jpg

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d
7 minutes ago, violetpop said:

I can confirm the AFP don't carry speed detection or recording equipment but they can still pull you over for a chat and reality check...

this sounds like it needs more story :P

• Like 2

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 21d
Let's just say its not a wise idea to drive around the airport attempting 0-100 timing runs haha but if you must know, my best time was 5.8 seconds scrambling for what ever traction possible. The car went closer to 5.0 when it had 280rwkw with practically no wheel spin.

Officer said he 'observed a rapid rate of acceleration' so I will take that as a thumbs up from him. de7507dec461efbbc3e2e4114dc69cbb.jpg
  • Like 3