My long term tidy up!

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 4m 16d

Did some more digging tonight, went straight for cylinder #4 but also noticed some strange wear on cyl #5 so pulled out both rods. As expected pistons have corona virus and wont be making a recovery unfortunately.dfecaa84c0b3352af3411a3f0f31589f.jpg0a5490cd555cdbc11647ed1a3dcab579.jpg3a6a348f99972894383c364c0dad853e.jpg

• Like 1

Pulled the trigger on the venom 4 inch dump and cat through venoms eBay shop. I believe they are back next week so when it comes, it comes.

Also picked up a couple of bottles of the vp m2 additive to try out. Anybody use it? Could get expensive long term maybe.

I have also spoken to Tony who runs T&D Brothers about a custom tune.
https://www.facebook.com/TnDBrosRacing/

They look like they do stacks of barras which is good, he asked me a lot of questions about what's done to the car etc and sounded pretty switched on. I think I will be booking in soon.f024a74307d93676e15cc1ada80b1b98.jpg5111545c467fc88c23f2f0fdeb2e8b8d.jpg

Its definitely an option as nothing is locked in yet.

With your experience, what makes you think I shouldn't go to the other dudes? Is it something you've seen in the graphs they have posted or just never really heard of them?

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 24d

Look.... There’s many ways to tune a falcon but there is some pretty hard fast rules and fueling target above this yellow line is a bit of a red flag. AFR 12.0 and under ( As low as 11.0 if it must ) is pretty much the golden rule for cylinder events on 98 octane fuel. 12.0 as a maximum is the last happy place cylinder events happen on 98 fuel especially when this is what’s being recorded at the tailpipe.

It’s ok to see falling AFR’s with boost generation gaining but in this graph (364.9kw) it’s above 12.0 for 3/4 of the pull. Yes we can sometimes lean it put to gain spool rate but considering what’s gone on with your first engine I would go with a very “Proven” workshop ! 

these were within the most recent 10 posts 😕 

Just sayn ....

v8K4q8Y.jpg

p2xHZhh.jpg

• Like 1