My long term tidy up!

• Member For: 10y 5m 28d
At this stage I am planning to not pull the head off or get the pistons out but probably have a look at some of the engine bearings and try get an idea of the kind of life the engine has had. d1a93742f3da16983152be00963f4a86.jpg
Dont undo the rod bolts dont even check the bearings. You will do more damage undoing and retorquing the torque to yeild rod bolts then looking at the bearings that will be fine anyway.

On the subject of valve springs I tested a bunch on my spring tester the results didnt suprise me much. 06/06 bf turbo/typhoon springs 75lb on the seat. Fg N/a 75lb on the seat. Second hand $20 atomic set I got of some dude that replaced them 105lb on the seat.
  • Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 21d

So good news, I was able to confirm the rod part number starts with a 3! Using a light and mirror and a very specific angle I could see it. What a relief!

Moving forward now I managed to strip all the crap off the engine and give it a bit of a wash down.

I've got a rocker cover gasket kit coming as its leaking from every seal. Pretty much ready for pump gears and springs to go in now. 1928cebcec7a7a97e90fffc712f520d0.jpg6b390b8bbce099f72146b3211370e79f.jpg

• Like 1

• Member For: 3y 3m 7d

The spray ceramic coating moderator's note: is a waste of money...

item is an expert coating item with hydrophobic impacts. This item likewise utilizes a blend of both SIO2 and TIO2 to offer extreme security from dust, water, daylight, extraordinary climate, grime, and other hurtful ecological components. You can likewise utilize this item to improve the exhibition and life span of your current sealant.

Edited by k31th
commercial posting

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 21d

Engine came out of the car at last! Bit cruddy in the hard to reach spots on the k frame and some areas but plan to get in all the little nooks in the engine bay and give them a good tidy up and maybe even a lick of taxi white paint

I was able to make a start on the gas engine and will focus on that first.

Valve springs, oil gears and swap over my turbo specific stuff - sump, oil feed fitting, hard water pipes. The full rocker cover gasket kit and timing case kits are ready to pick up too so the last gasket will be the sump which I will confirm when I remove the it from the turbo.

I'd like to tinker around with the wiring snaking its way around the manifold and possibly route it in a way that all I need to do is remove the fuel rail and be able to pull the manifold out as one whole part quickly and easily. Specifically the wiring that runs through the rear runner which is for the rear coils and trans from memory. c9ed084fc20a4dc28e0a39c540c419ec.jpg7f3886a080b5de3e49a0427a3d567252.jpg38c7b10ce88581ab27853fba5fbc9e8c.jpg

• Like 2