My long term tidy up!

• Member For: 12y 7m 17d

Hey if you haven't got the balancer tool already or opened it, just get crafty like Benny and put the money else where.

Check if the sump has a gasket, because later on they became a silastic special just like the timing cover w/ 2 half moons.

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 4m 11d

Ohh I watched this a little bit ago and totally forgot about him modding the tool. I've got it, it is unopened hmm

Productive morning with the engine ready to come out. Hoping I can leave the lower manifold in that position, looks like it should be ok and not in the way. Might be a good chance to throw a new radiator in too, old one has seen better days.

I'm also thinking about tracking down a dump and getting an exhaust shop to cut and shut some flanges and make it work with my current bolt in cat. Getting the stock one out, I can see its just way too restrictive. d9523a291fa63c955728aca2b7d06f7d.jpg4d98c3b2eea3f80f61c4bbedb332853d.jpg

• Like 1

Like aftermarket rods or? I'm planning to rebuilt the turbo motor during next year spread the cost over few months and be capable of holding proper power. Undecided on gapping the stock rings but thinking of leaving it.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Not so easy to do rods in a gas motor as they are a semi floating setup. You'd have to get some aftermarket rods, pull the bushes out of the small end and get it all pressed together again. Not worth the fark around or cost imo.

• Like 1

Goodies arrived today, valve springs and oil pump gears so im all set to crack on over the break...

I have a feeling I stuffed up though. These rods don't look like fat rods to me. Short of pulling more stuff apart, would anyone be able to confirm this?

If this is the case, what should I am for in terms of safe boost levels on e85?9db3017a7f6c064567a182e057cd7095.jpge65c7baf8a4ab0d0a4eed2a0ea1293ad.jpg57cd8d04f9c5435a55705f5056abbec7.jpg