My long term tidy up!

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

ahh, all good. So just a billet wheel sort of rebuild setup. Can't complain with that as long as it's balanced correctly :) should spool a bit quicker than the stock 3582 CHRA, but that does depend on vane design/shape

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 20d

Been a hot day in Sydney so I did a little in the morning and a little in the after noon. Car is back together minus the heat shields and running. Everything looming good so heat shields will go back on. Bring on some dyno time! 7c0f17f2c02df60f55653c7e462f5a51.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well after 2 long months and 3 hours of work, the car hit the dyno. Pretty happy with the results for a pretty basic setup and eBay intercooler. I did think it might have made the power with less boost but I'll take it. The car pulls pretty hard, still trying to figure out the best way to get off the line as clean as possible. I also added some roof racks for a bit of a laugh.a79f7a5b7e9b5389950faa62e131712c.jpg4a95126849415863db5cbc37c1ef6e86.jpg11f620f45547c4db54670617b58fa4ce.jpg

• Like 3

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Gezz man nearly 21psi on 98 in an early motor for 357rwkw is probably past the point of efficiency in the high teens as that Torque is falling away faster than the twin towers on 9-11 🤨

Que the bed for Rodney !!!

• Like 1

Haha with the amount of k's its entirely possible. Its actually a bf2 engine so it might hold on for a bit. In saying that my experience with cms in sydney hasn't been the best and in the new year I'll be looking into other options.

• Member For: 6y 10m 27d

Get a good cooler it will give you the most gains all around. I got taken to the cleaners by PWR recently, with their new 'race core'. It looks likely now its just their old sh*t cores with new end tanks one for the 'street series' and another for the 'racer series'. I am currently pursuing my money back. I lost 40rwhp and some timing and copped a sh*tload more lag using one of their coolers compared to a nearly 20yr old Nizpro tube n fin with cobwebs and dings in it.

I have it on very good authority that the ANTZ coolers are a very very good copy of the process west coolers and will have some BF coolers out soon. Or I might go for a plazmaman 1000HP BF tube n fin. 

Gezz man nearly 21psi on 98 in an early motor for 357rwkw is probably past the point of efficiency in the high teens as that Torque is falling away faster than the twin towers on 9-11 

Que the bed for Rodney !!!
I suspect its falling over due to intake temps and timing being pulled. I'm not sure why he went so hard, last week he was telling me he was aiming for 16psi.