My long term tidy up!

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 4m 8d

Some tinkering over the weekend.. Rear knuckles have new bearings in and ready to be fitted, second catch can is plumbed and bolted up and finally some dark window tint for a bit of privacy.

Turbo will come out this weekend which should motivate me to figure out exactly what turbo option I will go with. At this stage I'm still leaning towards fitting a new core to my 3582 and calling it a day.

Not sure if its worth putting a bigger wheel but I'm curious about it. Mark over at CMS suggested it as an option.d31ac715ddbb608455b5a1c3fd61842f.jpg7a58895122dbecd41eb0d2ee1b568dca.jpg1da53d5d96d3767a4149a6407b4fd2a9.jpg

• Like 3

Got off my ass and gave the garage a quick clean up to make room for the taxi for a few weeks. Turbo will be coming off to make way for the new unit.

I have once again spoken to Nigel Rose (thanks adams355) and he gave me 2 options

1. Genuine Garrett replacement core.

2. Garrett core with modified front and rear wheels, front wheel being a larger 7 by 7 and rear being 1 less blade from memory. Said something about exhaust beck pressure.

He said he has been using this setup for 5 years with great results and sounds like a good guy too if that means anything at all.

Will be pulling the trigger on one this week either way and getting the ball rolling.9d165f88421f504f1eef2b2914148381.jpg

• Like 1

• Member For: 6y 11m 15d

Yep I went with something like option 2 from RRT saw 510rwhp and 495rwhp safe on 98 with stock dump, stock crossover and Nizpro 1st gen 20yr old intercooler. I have a 3.5 dump and new intercooler to go back with, will get there eventually. The turbo sounds really good and distinctive. Tuners were impressed with turbo, e85 would be unreal they reckon.

Quick turbo and manifold removal in prep for the new setup. Thinking I will remove the rear housing studs and go back to bolts. Pain in the ass last time and pain in the ass removing this time.

Great chance while the manifold was off to check out the heater pipe that runs under the manifold.

I had a 50 cent size puddle of coolant on the ground randomly and some dried up residue on the actuator. Water pump looked good but this o ring on the pipe has seen better days and was the culprit. New one will go in place when the time comes.

13770a105ff2c3893aa51771e0e556bf.jpg3df4923c73a0aee69700d25a09774bda.jpgfe179ee7d6fbaf8a697acf03fc780ec8.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up these off market place today. Twin 2.5 going into 3 inch and herrod mufflers. I'm not sure if this has been cobbled together by a backyard dude or not but they were a bargain and hard to pass up.

I really really want to keep the car as stealth as possible while being as powerful as possible so I'm not 100% sure I will be using these. Perhaps a test fit and drive to see how they go sound wise. The guy sent me video clips and it was crackling on decel after a rev at idle and sounded absolutely terrible - he later said he modified the car with no tune at all and the engine blew up - wonder why.

Question is, is there any performance gain from these pipes? I mean at this stage the car has good induction, cold and hot side piping and will shortly have a modified 3582 turbo. Once the turbo is fitted and going back for a touch up tune, will I see more kW with this 'cat back' style arrangement or purely just extra noise. 00d1c8a1f402b6f8990776fff25bf302.jpg