My long term tidy up!

• Member For: 12y 6m 27d

Maybe see what PAC Performance, MTQ or GCG can do for you for the core, they are all official distributers of Garrett.

7 hours ago, violetpop said:

Yep looking at a genuine item only but even the screenshot I posted looks cheap. I don't think these guys would sell fake products its just several hundred cheaper than anything else I can find online.

Yet they seem to put every part of Atomics catalogue in a Xerox overnight... 🙃

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 21d
6 hours ago, adams355 said:

Empire parts are legit but contact Rose Rage Turbos you will not be disappointed. My car goes in for another tune in a week and I'm running one of his turbo's I will put the results up here on the site. Good prices for any turbo parts and/or work. 

http://www.roserageturbos.com.au/

Thanks mate, I will get in touch with them.

Empire parts are legit but contact Rose Rage Turbos you will not be disappointed. My car goes in for another tune in a week and I'm running one of his turbo's I will put the results up here on the site. Good prices for any turbo parts and/or work. 

http://www.roserageturbos.com.au/
His prices are good mate, sub 1k including post. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Like 1

Some more late night tinkering.. Clock on the ICC indicating 8:30.. Ok not that late.

Got the gauges fitted up, chased wires at the back of the dash and sent some wiring through the engine bay down to the sandwich block between the oil filter. Oil temp and pressure these are and I monitor trans temp through the tourqe app.

The fitment of the pod panel is a little janky and some of the ICC had to be trimmed for it to even sit semi ok. Not bothering me at this stage, just happy to be able to monitor temps really.

Then I went all old man and ordered a dash protector. My dash is very bad, dried out and looking sad. I tried a few different products but within a few days it would look tired again. This should solve that. Made in Aus too ec0e960901678911953488a0777f9e45.jpgf04e40c4f9f6c39092207a011f70e3f6.jpg6f7037e94d92f9c32db1370504462bd2.jpg66ec91b4cdd8dc53ec08393b7daf167c.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been using the car daily for work and back, grocery getter and tranporting my daughter. Ive been on a few weekend drives too. Its been working perfectly, smooth and enjoyable to drive, power when you need it and I've continued to upset a few 'performance' cars.

I have been sourcing some more parts. China oil catch cans have finally rocked up and recently picked up a plaz stage 2 cold side piping kit and an intercooler. The cooler is an Ebay job! Flame away lol!

Curious to see how it goes though. It has the same measurements as the plaz cooler so should be an ok fit up. I found a guy on facebook and claims he made good power and consistent with this same cooler. Intake temps won't lie.

I have yet to get some alloy flat bar to mount the cooler and catch can and still mulling over what to do with the turbo. At this stage I'm still leaning towards just dropping in a new core into my 3582. 161bf0c1a500921e36fe8ddc3004e069.jpge2a3cbd188da68fa59534fa902a56f68.jpg604ae9ae9bb1a18a0229abc228daf28b.jpg

• Like 1

Finally tracked down some camber style rear hubs. Most people wanted to sell the whole cradle but found these through a local wrecker willing to separate them. Plan is to get some new bearings in and use which ever parts look best for the rest. Then I can correct the small negative camber issue and set to spec. 3ad20132296b9b080fe00f7703e0bf0e.jpgc2dc532dc0f465932d65f5c4df32291f.jpg

Good option. Any feed back on the wastegates they come with I wonder?

I would need to see if process west make a 4 inch silicone part that would work with the second hand under battery intake I got.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

Here's an ebay listing that has all kinds of different sized silicone. I think you'd want 4 inch to 2.75 but cbf going outside to measure. It seems like a fairly cheap option but there might be a proper bit that is designed for that particular combo.

• Like 1