My long term tidy up!

• Member For: 12y 6m 26d

Before it goes on the dyno perhaps get a boost leak test done for $50 at AMC Performance on Jedda Rd, just up from CMS, see if there any other leaks. 

Those rubber couplers are the same ones used on the comp cover as well, might be split as well.

Also consider a cold side piping upgrade and some Murray Constant Tension Hose Clamps (Hot side Pictured - but you get the idea)

jF5et7y.jpg

Did you manage to sort out the wastegate?

This may of interest: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bundaberg-east/engine-engine-parts-transmission/process-west-ford-ba-bf-xr6-turbo-intercooler-piping/1253914371

Hot side is $350 alone....

Edited by joncitizen

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 20d

Appreciate the reply mate.

The only issue I have is lack of time atm. I just wont have a chance to get some decent cold side piping and a good cooler before the touch up. I was able to fit a silicone hose to the comp cover also so all of those connections are sorted. For now at least. The stock hot and cold side looks ok, no splitting or visible cracks but who knows how they will hold up in the coming months.

I plan to lurk on gumtree/market place and pick up these items over the course of the next few months and compile a well priced but good setup and have everything sorted before the warmer months arrive. I would like to eliminate the cross over and run something like a plaz stage 2 setup. I did happen to pick up the Process West under battery intake for a couple of hundred (rrp is over $450 I believe). Once I compile these parts I will also look at maybe fitting my 3582 or another turbo back on. Good things are being said about the Aeroflow stuff and perhaps e85 but I still dont know I am prepared to travel 30 minutes to fill up.

I am confident that there is no issue with the wastegate but the boost was escaping through the stock rubber hose. From what I could see under the car, the wastegate was working correctly so this should be confirmed on the dyno. 

My guess is same power, but a flat torque curve vs the Mt Everest curve in the previous dyno graph.

Some more good have arrived and been fitted.. Illuminated window switch, Wuhan special. It works but the auto down isn't auto lol

Genuine camber bolts too.. My knuckle doesn't have provisions for these so I will have to track down a second hand set or work out a way to get them to work.

Finished up with a touch up tune this morning also.. Good I think, less boost more power better torque curve. Feels nice to drive, strong yet effortless when cruising. fa8d878ed62f0a286df8df5ba15befda.jpg6f321b965fdcf9738b534f2a59e1752a.jpgbab7307e58d411d945685dc7136edcc8.jpg

• Like 1

Been driving the wheels off this car, long way home, weekend drive type things and loving it!

Have upset a few expenses Audi's and some dude in a 'fully built' wrx.

During the week I managed to replace the idle and tensioner pulleys as they were a little noisy and fitted up the plazmaman hot side piping kit. Spool is a little louder and boost level appears to remain the same.

I developed a terrible brake pad noise from the bendix hd pads and switched them out to bendix gct. Bit of a bummer that the pads were brand new, bedded in properly but fkn noisy. Kinda happy to piss them off as they generated a huge amount of brake dust anyways.

Still procrastinating about which cooler to buy so see how that ends up in the near future.

I have also been investigating a new chra for my 3582 and came across Empire selling a genuine garret core for just over a grand. This looks like a winner for basic my set up and will line up with my current end goal. Does this look too good to be true? As everywhere else I look they are $1200 and up.

Quick and dirty taxi decal for the bonnet too, throws off people even further.
7cc547b8130b57c0f88cd635e709f13e.jpgf83db2757d032a9b2626e187207e7f4f.jpg

Yep looking at a genuine item only but even the screenshot I posted looks cheap. I don't think these guys would sell fake products its just several hundred cheaper than anything else I can find online.

• Member For: 6y 10m 27d

Empire parts are legit but contact Rose Rage Turbos you will not be disappointed. My car goes in for another tune in a week and I'm running one of his turbo's I will put the results up here on the site. Good prices for any turbo parts and/or work. 

http://www.roserageturbos.com.au/

Edited by adams355
  • Like 1