My long term tidy up!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 3y 8m 4d
2 hours ago, violetpop said:

Thanks fellas! Appreciate the feedback.

This morning the roads were wet so like any upstanding adult I turned the traction control off. I noticed for the first time not only does the icon of the car laying rubber comes on but also the wheel spinning icon came up also. I could have sworn the previous times just the car laying rubber icon has come on.

My theory is, the steering is so crooked that it obscured the wheel spinning icon but would anyone be able to confirm if both or just 1 of these icons come on when traction control is turned off?

It's been a few years since I sold my wifes BF N/A Falcon, but I recall her having transmission issues and a symbol on on the top left was a fault light. The one on the bottom right is traction control indicator.

Edit. Manual says upper left symbol is stability control, perhaps someone else can confirm?

Edited by FGXXR6TUTE
  • Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

as above, the top-left light is DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) and the bottom right is the Traction Control light.

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 21d

So both of these lights turn on and turn off when you press the traction control button? Or do I have a fault coming on?

Because both of these lights come on and off only when I press the traction control button

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

I'm not 100% sure as I've never owned a falcon with DSC haha somebody with one can chime in what it specifically does as I cbf looking up an owners manual to confirm :P

• Like 1

Hmm I might actually have an owners manual in the glove box. Good point. The thing that's spinning me out is a could have sworn the wheel spin light only came up for the first time today when turning traction control off. More research needed

• Member For: 12y 6m 26d

I think it's a FAULT, you can only have Traction Control or DSC not both.

DSC is Traction Control with a bosch steering wheel angle sensor on the bottom of the steering column with a purple plug and probably some revisions of the ABS modules...

Look at the button where the fog lights are, it's a car going sideways not a wheel spinning, should correspond to that button.

I have had 2 BF2s (DSC) and 1 BF (BF) and both BF2s will only light up the top left button when pressed. Bottom right on the TC car.

Get it checked out...

Edited by joncitizen
  • Like 1

Sorted, turns out it was wheel alignment related and something with the steering angle sensor making the car think its off course. Alignment done and its back to normal!

Taxis need alignment too..f83c493ece4d37cf2b60dd08929d700a.jpg

• Like 1

So during the week the car felt very sluggish and my boost gauge was only going to 7psi. I decided to investigate and this is what I found. The factory intake rubber from cross over to throttle body had given up, torn almost half way around. I rectified this issue by fitting a proper silicone turbo hose.

To my surprise the boost shot up to 20psi in low gears and holding 15-6 psi in 3rd. It is my understanding that the car was tuned while this intake rubber was in the early stages of failure and possibly not diagnosed. Quite concerning.

The car is going back for a touch up tune this coming Saturday and I will report back the results as soon as get them.

In other news I jacked up the car and did a full under body degrease and wheel wash. It needed it, built up crud around the k frame was the worst part. A messy and wet job but satisfying nonetheless.6b19f23af437e4c51533137517d7fa30.jpgd6ad061a6eb844b24ed7a332b662c288.jpgd70f9abcff2739577deef1fa1e453ae3.jpg

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

That could have been why it wouldn't hold boost when you got it tuned. You should get a much better result when it gets fixed. In the mean time take it easy and definitely don't let it hit 20psi again :declare:

• Like 1