My long term tidy up!

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 20d

Upper arms went in today without an issue. I also fitted up new tie rod ends and superpro sway bay bushes. She needs a wheel alignment now.

I picked up a fan belt few months ago and finally got around to fitting it. Spun the idler pulleys and they are shot so looks like I'll get getting them asap. 19ead6a2742fa84f7b4ea075f160d238.jpgab34d208fd51c77e2ff10a54683acb6c.jpg

• Like 3

Good morning guys! Wondering what everybody thoughts are on the ARE imported intercoolers?
http://www.are.com.au/products/alternate/AlternateIntercoolersCores.htm

There's some info if I go back through old threads but nothing solid.

It looks like ARE get these coolers made overseas, inspect, test and confirm quality and then onsell.

Price looks good for brand new and I like the idea that they have done at least some research into what they are selling.

Any thoughts would be great thanks fellas

• Member For: 8y 11m 21d
On 15/07/2020 at 7:11 PM, violetpop said:

Car is at the tuners and a new rear view mirror is on the way. Old one had a very small rattle which felt like it was behind the mirror itself. Pretty cool you can still get new genuine. 07c0315989d6a3350b5787f613004f01.jpg

Let me know how ya go with the mirror, mines had a similar vibration or rattle for years.Just tried gluing the lens to the frame.( No good.) So I might be buying a new genuine one. Don't mind spending the coin if it a definite fix. I'm sick of listening to the mirror vibration. The onlytime it stops is when I grab the mirror. And that's not a practical fix considering I have a manual.

• Like 1

100% fixed it mate, rattle gone. You pull your old one off, pull out the metal tab from it (you reuse this part). I glued the metal tab back up to the window with 2 part expoxy and let it sit over night. Then the new mirror slides on and is secured by a torque screw.

I found my one on rattled at idle as soon as I pick up the throttle, its gone. But still enough to warrant a change.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Member For: 8y 11m 21d
8 hours ago, violetpop said:

100% fixed it mate, rattle gone. You pull your old one off, pull out the metal tab from it (you reuse this part). I glued the metal tab back up to the window with 2 part expoxy and let it sit over night. Then the new mirror slides on and is secured by a torque screw.

I found my one on rattled at idle as soon as I pick up the throttle, its gone. But still enough to warrant a change.

Thanks buddy, I will order one soon.

Mine has been sh¡ting me for years and is only getting worse. Time to bin the old and swap it out for a brand newy.

I'm happy change stuff it completely eliminates a problem.

Enjoying the thread, keep it up alot of lads are enjoying it as well.

• Like 1

Thanks fellas! Appreciate the feedback.

This morning the roads were wet so like any upstanding adult I turned the traction control off. I noticed for the first time not only does the icon of the car laying rubber comes on but also the wheel spinning icon came up also. I could have sworn the previous times just the car laying rubber icon has come on.

My theory is, the steering is so crooked that it obscured the wheel spinning icon but would anyone be able to confirm if both or just 1 of these icons come on when traction control is turned off?208b28687c05c540d7cd90829cf160d7.jpg