My long term tidy up!

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 4m 15d
I was expecting something like 'I told you do' in your comment mate but that pretty much sums it up lol

Ive been looking at intercoolers, pipes and turbo side intake.

On one side I look at sticking to a budget and buying a good cooler and making up my own piping and diy battery relocation keeping the factory cross over.

However on the other side the plaszmaman stage 1 kits plus hot side looks mighty appealing. Cleans up the engine bay nicely too.

I feel like there's some unfinished business from the tune up results so getting the air in and keeping it cool is high on the list. Turbo off again and having a closer look at the actuator. If there is a problem with the turbosmart actuator, I don't think I'd be giving it a second chance, warranty or not I dont care much I'd be pissing it off for something else.

In the meantime I ordered 2 catch cans and check valve and will be setting them up once they arrive.
f513e80671630ac622235f47d41109ed.jpg

• Member For: 12y 7m 20d

Why 2 catch cans?

I'd be taking off the  exhaust manifold and giving it to Joe/Mark so they can set up the preload on the bench and port or touch up the rear housing to their liking, then you would not have any trouble. 

Are you going for a stock looking engine bay by retaining the x-over?

9 hours ago, violetpop said:

Already done! I got the kit a while ago and seapped it out recently. My switch was rooted so I had to do it. A solid yet reassuring click click every time I put the ignition on now emoji106.png

Good Stuff, I went the other way around and put an FG Column into the BF with replaceable ignition switch.

• Like 1

One catch can for the pcv and check valve post catch can and another one on the oil breather too. Just eliminate all chance of oil getting around where it shouldn't be.

This is exactly what I did. Mark fitted the ported rear housing on the fg turbo and setup the actuator to h9w they like it. It appeared to operate ok before I fitted it up. Joe said he was commanding waste gate shut and its was still dropping boost.. He also said intake temps were working against him due to monza cooler, 45 degrees he said. Needs another look I think.

Nah not fussed on stock or not, was just looking at budget options vs more expensive. I was looking at $300 aeroflow cooler, plaz hot and cold side kits and the $2-300 budget eBay cold side kit which connects to the factory cross over. If I spent decent coin I'd ditch the cross over and go with turbo side intake route. What you think would be good option mate?

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 2d

Don't worry about the hotside piping. Won't be a restriction.

Search around for a entry level plaz, process or rapid cooler with cold side piping. People are always upgrading.

Can legit build a turbo side intake for like 80 bucks or less if your skilled. 3-4" 45 deg silicone adapter, and a 4" 45 deg ally pipe cut nicely, plus a pod filter. Airbox is up to you.

Battery in the bumper is cheap and easy.

• Like 1

Good plan mate, I do have a lead on a plaz under bettery intake. Half the rrp basically which I will save again for not having to buy the parts for battery boot relo. Maybe then a good cold side and cooler.