My long term tidy up!

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

1. It'll be the HIM realigning the vents etc. Mine does it every time I've got the A/C on after turning off the car.

2. I've only had that happen from the T/C struggling with the extra power of a modded/tuned car and it'll often crack the shits and keep the light on (T/C off permanently, irrelevant of switch modulation) as you make too much power and go spin city :3gears:

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

yeah, I don't think it is with yours, either... but still, just get your tuner to investigate it as it might be tune related.

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 4m 11d
No call back unfortunately. Granted they looked busy as hell when I dropped the car off. Was it on the dyno when you saw it or just sitting in the corner looking like the ugliest car in the shop? lol

• Member For: 12y 7m 17d

It was on they dyno mate, this arvo.

Winter White Body with Blue around the brackets for bonnet iirc

And no not the ugliest car in the shop, there was a  snot coloured BF2 XT/ES with a turbo manual earlier there this week...

Has Joe given if you a rough power figure of what is achievable?

Edited by joncitizen
  • Like 1

Oh that's good to know, progress. Yeah sounds about right with the white and blue.

They were so busy I kinda said I would leave the car and to call me when its done. Not so much a drive in drive out same day type thing. I didnt have a chance to talk to Joe as he was in the dyno room but had a quick chat with Mark, he had a quick look at the car but no power figure mentioned. If I was to guess I'd be around the 260rwkw marker maybe less maybe more dunno see how it goes

Got the call, car was ready. I shall leave the dyno printout for everyone to check out and give feedback..

Nothing exciting compared to other peoples setups but the start of my project so a solid step forward.

Now, Joe was thinking I might have some issues with the turbo smart waste gate because he couldn't get it to hold 16psi up top but also said the intercooler and high intake temps were working against me by pulling timing. Nonetheless, its given me something to think about for the next round of changes.

Initial impressions, good, strong, effortless.

I'm happy with the trans tune its smooth yet positive in the gear changes. I found manual down changes to be smoother also.

The engine runs great, drives like stock with much more punch and just a whole heap effortless torque. Really happy. Just strong all the way but you do feel it drop off a little at 5000rpm.

So I'm feeling the next round of mods will have to be a turbo side intake, proper cooler and piping and battery relocation. Touch up tune afterwards.

9857cff1806ad6eeeb2656dd2d95f08a.jpg

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

that torque and boost drop off is severe... that actuator must have been doing the worst possible job to have that effect.

• Like 1