My long term tidy up!

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 15d

Give CMS a call and ask them what they use. Might cost a bit more but Joe will have the tuning data and it'll save you hours on the dyno.

As for the fuel fittings you don't really need tools for them, they're just a bit fùcky to get apart. Not a major pita.

3 hours ago, violetpop said:

Good point mate.. In that case I might as well just get him to supply and fit them when its at the shop.

At the end of the day mate you've saved bucket loads of coins by doing so much work on the car yourself it wouldn't hurt to get the tuner to install the injectors he prefers to tune with.

Install the big pot walbro and fit a cat back exhaust yourself then send it to ya tuner. He can work his magic.

Consider valve springs and a wastegate actuator if your gonna start chasing kw's.

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 4m 8d
Sounds like a good plan mate. I will call him today and see where he is at.

I know heaps of guys suggest doing all the mods once and then going for a tune, I still want to to do it in stages. Even if that means 2 or more tunes.

The car is 'getting on' - early in the thread I noticed the turbo shaft had a small amount of play, the engine has 200k on etc so this first dyno session will be more of a test to see how the engine is going, transmission too.

Im gearing up for an engine/turbo freshen up basically. Once that's done and I'm confident, more upgrades for power.

Another big weekend ahead, hoping to wrap up the wet sanding on the car and make a start on getting the Fairmont Ghia wheels up to spec..
  • Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 26d

Such overkill and a upsell but anyway. If you plan to go E85 or do further mods past 330kw then go for it.

For 330kw max a 255 intank pump and 42lb injectors will be ample (plus you can drive it from home to the tuners on 42lb injectors)

Did he say anything about the fuel surge below 1/3 tank on a ba fuel tank? Either need a surge or upgrade to the FG tank to avoid it. Think about it before fitting a 460 in tank.

• Like 2

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 4m 8d
Certainly overkill but not necessarily a bad thing.. However if I am anything like the guys in the rest of the forum I will get a little taste and lose all control of myself until I have 700rwkw haha

I wasn't aware of a surge issues with this setup but will read up on it.

Is the bf mkii tank like in my car the same design as the fg?