My long term tidy up!

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 4m 10d
man..... I wouldn't want to be your neighbor, over spray all over my car! 
I did consider that, spoke to the people above me if they didnt mind and they were OK with it..

As for the over spray, it wasn't too bad the plastic stuff on the ground near the passenger side had very little dried dust on it and that was it. Nothing carried that far luckily.

I try and maintain a good relationship with everyone, they can see I have always been tinkering in here with the bikes, start up and get going going straight away not revving the tits off it etc

Few bits done over the last few days, mostly cleaning up the door and window seals, fitting up the Ghia lights into the xt grill.

Had the roof lining dude come out this morning, did a killer job very very happy with it. I can pass on the details if anyone is interested. He is Sydney based and mobile.

I asked him to leave the pillar panels off etc so I could paint them black also.

Next few days is to wet sand the paint and get it as smooth as possible... Might wear headphones and get some tunes going to keep me motivated.324b35d089b0747c0f5280f245e97b2b.jpg973be527615eec2e2191fd5438f0453d.jpg049c5f568d083786fb1d947c74cb4e4e.jpg88b32be6ace8268fc28a8f515b2a3a1a.jpgc14e992d0375653a42e05ba0e6a860f4.jpg

• Like 2

Stacks of work done over this long weekend. Mostly wet sanding the paint down and getting the paint as smooth as I can.

Started first off by painting the remaining plastic trim bits for the a b and c pillars and coming up with an ultra low tech solution to the seat belt eating into the plastic trim. Its just some old vacuum hose I had hanging around 4-5mm ID sliced down the middle and fitted in the slot. This keeps the belt away from the plastic trim and should do the job well. On the inside of the slot there is a little lip and the hose sits in it nicely and is almost locked in without the need for any glue or anything. You can see even by pulling the belt forward (which you would probably never do) and its doing the job even at that extreme angle.

Then I moved onto the wet sanding. Started at 400 grit moving around the car one panel at a time and checking the paint as I went.. Moved onto 800 and ended up going over the car twice with the 800.

Started to get pretty jack of hand sanding with a block, I moved onto wet sanding with the dual action polisher. I found sanding pads which have about 8mm foam behind them so I picked up a 3000 pad and gave it crack. Much easier compared to hand and got through the car much quicker. I think I will go over the car one more time and it will be ready for compound and polish.

The final picture is the final result after going over with the 3000 on the DA. I will say the paint work up close does still have some very minor high and low spots but I'm happy to call it at this point. It will never be a show car and have ultra smooth paint so the less paint I take away now, the more paint I have down the track for future corrections.4a40f4ca9d1b78b2304d4823288df7e5.jpg120b906a008c54865f3f87d6344a6150.jpg75bf3e7a07c0284e4c07ab090212de97.jpg59356d76a581560a7490d8e2f9d934ac.jpgc00819c889124d5c719512e831ab34a9.jpg756cdca7257efd1bcdca06bd0cc8a550.jpge6b04b4494b9591b7af677eea1ed6fa0.jpg

• Like 4

Starting to eye out some performance replacement parts, mainly fuel related items. I am set on getting the big pod walbro 255 kit and looking also at injectors. Plan is to get the car ready mechanically and registered then get out to CMS for a tune. I was thinking a tune, injectors and fuel pump. Im not so much interested is big power or big boost at this stage just to get it on the dyno, tinker with it and see how its going. 

So I saw these on ebay https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Falcon-BA-BF-XR6-Turbo-FPV-1000CC-Fuel-Injectors-Barra-4-0-E85-Safe/401907200922?hash=item5d9389339a:g:ixMAAOSwcGhdk0qg

I dunno, cant find much info, brand etc just wondering what you guys think? Would it best to buy quality injectors from a local shop? 

On a side note, I pulled out the old window tint today... Wanted to pull my eyes out in the process.

Unfortunately yes haha I tried a few things heat gun and the like but it was tough, 3 hours for 3 doors and rear window. Luckily the white door I fitted didn't have a tint. I still need to clean up 100% maybe with some thinners but the grunt work is done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, violetpop said:

Starting to eye out some performance replacement parts, mainly fuel related items. I am set on getting the big pod walbro 255 kit and looking also at injectors. Plan is to get the car ready mechanically and registered then get out to CMS for a tune. I was thinking a tune, injectors and fuel pump. Im not so much interested is big power or big boost at this stage just to get it on the dyno, tinker with it and see how its going. 

So I saw these on ebay https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Falcon-BA-BF-XR6-Turbo-FPV-1000CC-Fuel-Injectors-Barra-4-0-E85-Safe/401907200922?hash=item5d9389339a:g:ixMAAOSwcGhdk0qg

I dunno, cant find much info, brand etc just wondering what you guys think? Would it best to buy quality injectors from a local shop? 

On a side note, I pulled out the old window tint today... Wanted to pull my eyes out in the process.

Definitely go the Big pot walbro, the kits are pretty straight forward.

Just remember to get the fuel line removal tools from burson's. But you may already have these little plastic tools. There is a write up on here that I used when I installed my walbro kit.

• Like 2