My long term tidy up!

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 20d
So I spoke to Barrel Brothers yesterday.

Super helpful as expected based on the mcm clip. He said they didn't widen steel wheels 'yet' but were looking at getting into it. His take on it was that the way that people do it by welding in a band isn't the best way and they planned on essentially pulling apart the rim at the original welds and making the modification so it gets welded back in the original spot. Something along those lines...

I asked him if he wanted some test rims for prototype but he laughed and politely declined.

With that said, I think I will leave the rims as is and just look at getting the best tyres I can get with maybe a 225 and match the OD.

Perhaps a little less traction might be better on the drive line.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

yeah, I was thinking it was different wheel time. hmmm did they talk about whether it's even worth thinking about doing it their way or if anybody has done it or wants to do it?

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 20d
He said they were trying to get an idea if people were keen.. Perhaps its more popular with certain car groups like the JDM type in the mcm clip but really don't know. They were genuinely concerned about complying with the adr so that would also be a factor for them too.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

it's always ADR's that cause the problems haha... well, if you're "modifying" it then essentially you're going outside those rules as it stands, so it does depend on how liable the company thinks they'll be...