My long term tidy up!

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

you've done quite well to get that much done before the paint :) saves a lot of money but at the cost of your own time and effort... but that time and effort is fantastic to behold once the paint is on :spoton:

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

one thing I forgot to ask... what was the original colour (looks like it's in Neo to me)? and what is your plans for the new colour (no need to answer that if you don't want to reveal that yet)?

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 20d
you've done quite well to get that much done before the paint saves a lot of money but at the cost of your own time and effort... but that time and effort is fantastic to behold once the paint is on :spoton:
one thing I forgot to ask... what was the original colour (looks like it's in Neo to me)? and what is your plans for the new colour (no need to answer that if you don't want to reveal that yet?
Yeah the original colour is Neo. I thought it was Blueprint before I looked at the placard.

I'm still not 100% set on the colour but leaning towards just plain white to go with the sleeper theme. The only thing that bothers me is that I'm not really prepared to paint the door jams and under bonnet to do a full color change.

I'm also not sure how I'm going to go about painting it.. Grab another compressor + spray tools and diy (2k will be a no go in my unit so acrylic lacquer will probably be used), spray cans (cheap and nasty but with lots of wet sanding will give good results), find someone to do it but big $$$ which I really don't have.

I've painted stuff before with good success but not on this scale before.

Something like the photo attached is what I'm after and maybe a set of the larger interceptor wheels with wide rubber but I'm going for a dead stock look. I want no attention from the fuzz or any boy racers see the turbo badge and want to race. 1d5991f8cea2e2f5f947b5dab826723c.jpg
  • Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1d

It's proberly to late now, but why didn't you go to the wreckers & get good panels in the colour you wanted? ( I reckon white would have been dead easy to find) that'll save you painting the inside of them at least.

• Like 1

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 26d
11 hours ago, violetpop said:

I want no attention from any boy racers see the turbo badge and want to race. 

WTF

wheres the fun in that?

it's always a laugh when you chop a boy racer

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...