My long term tidy up!

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d
7 hours ago, SIMBAD said:

I think if you leave it that way you could end up with a boost leak.

Not having positive boost pressure being applied to the bov (via that vac line preventing it from opening) will only be relying on the soft spring inside to hold boost in the charge pipes. That spring is soft enough to open when the intake manifold reaches a certain amount of negative pressure and wouldn’t take much boost pressure to lift the valve from its seat in the bov.

it won't be weaker than the stopper method :) those stoppers don't really like staying in place with just hose clamps :)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 17d

Agreed 👌🏼👌🏼
could probably also install the bov in reverse with the vac/boost source disconnected and shouldn’t have a issue at all then.

1 hour ago, violetpop said:

Ok yes I see it! Man, I really have trouble navigating this tapa app.. Nice intro, I have a good story about some good people from Tumut I'll write it up later.

Ok sweet as. Hanging out for said story now! Haha

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 20d

Ok@SIMBAD years ago nyself and a mate were riding two old sh*t box motorbikes from Melb back to Sydney the long way. We stopped overnight in Tumut and had a solid pub feed and got ready to head off in the morning.

We ended up stopping at the little servo in Talbingo, opposite the lake for petrol. We filled the bikes up and as I mounted my bike, the clip on handle bar snapped clean off on the clutch side. It was a freak thing to happen and I'm glad it didn't happen while I was half way through a corner. Its a Sunday and as you know these small towns are pretty sleepy. We walk around a few streets having a look to see if anyone could help, no one home, not much activity. We thought maybe they are all at the rsl.

We give up and call a local Tumut towwie... He comes in about an hour and we have a quick chat and we ask him to take us back to tumut, we stay the night and see if we get lucky at a bike shop on Monday. He loads the bike up and I jump in the track with him. As well are driving he says to me 'I know a guy who might be able to fix it'... I say yeah sure if he is willing to help out that would be great. He calls this guy up on a Sunday arvo and explains the situation. He says 'bring it'. So this trucky pulls upto his buddies house and we get the bike off. The guys comes outside and checks the bike out and then heads off to open his garage. This garage is long and has tools, lathes and bikes inside!! I couldn't believe it we hit the jackpot.

He spends about 30 minutes on it, we end up helping him strip the bar from the controls and he comes up with this genius was to re mount the bar enough to get us home...

He was humble as and was happy to help us. He sent us on our way and we made it back to Sydney that night. Absolute legends!!

Stuff like that simply does not happen in big cities... Go Tumut!

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 17d

That is awesome! I’m glad you found the right person and yeah very lucky it didn’t break on you up in the twisties in the mountains! would get ugly quickly for sure!

very popular motorbike route which I’m sure is why you were heading that way!

Theres a group on here that organise a snowy cruise every year which I’m keen to join them on hopefully in this new year!

• Like 1

Tiny update...

Over the last few days I've been trying out some sanding techniques.. Started with a good old block and tried to feather out where the clear coat was peeling and giving the area a scuff up at the same time. Good results but took too too long.

Went down to supercheap and picked up a black ridge 6 inch dual action sander...

First impression.. Absolute garbage... Hold the trigger flat and it doesn't even move on the panel even with no pressure. No balls.. Anyways, I try make it work and it works pretty good. Will definitely cut down on time.

15 minutes later my compressor took a catastrophic dump and called it quits.. This would probably explain why the tool was down on power... Anyways new compressor coming but I will be back to hand sanding for the time being. 828fbd2ea64ba1c959bdda32a39061b3.jpg

• Like 2

Few more things done, feels like I'm going around in circles at this stage.. But still worth pushing on!

Two dents fixed up on the passenger from door. Might do one more skim of filler and should be sweet.7c27f020946199bf58ce05455b4036e1.jpgd01a8df11da47b212b19c9609f26ce26.jpg25702af5e9fdee178874dd67a6b58a57.jpg

Started repairs on the bumpers too but ran out of plastic filler.2d85068fdacbce279f5da8198557f9dc.jpg8f7251df76439051d1b49565b4035313.jpg

Doesn't look like much but over spent a fair sack of time sanding. 906c11d24073835a7e4f680d4c7e0f0e.jpg90f6419336f3a55d89b000b55071f128.jpg

• Like 5