My long term tidy up!

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 20d

And this is how the car is sitting atm with xt front and rear bars on and side skirts missing. Hunting for a boot, skirts, left rear door and some steelies then I will start on doing a paint job at home in the same colour. 4d984336ddd39f7f7c5835b6ad6ed775.jpg

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 17d
On 29/12/2019 at 3:14 PM, violetpop said:
On 29/12/2019 at 3:08 PM, k31th said:
putting a screw in the vacuum source for the BOV like that prevents the BOV from ever opening, effectively removing it from the system. Doing it that wya you don't have to worry about blocking off the pipes that go to each side of the BOV itself.

So no harm no foul? I will leave it as it is just tidy it up a little better.

I think if you leave it that way you could end up with a boost leak.

Not having positive boost pressure being applied to the bov (via that vac line preventing it from opening) will only be relying on the soft spring inside to hold boost in the charge pipes. That spring is soft enough to open when the intake manifold reaches a certain amount of negative pressure and wouldn’t take much boost pressure to lift the valve from its seat in the bov.

Another thing to add is it was pretty important to have the zf oil level checked at 40c. I found the torque app trans temp inaccurate. (Reads much lower)

Forscan though was right on the money I’ve found.

Btw, nice project you have on the way! 

• Like 1

Appreciate the input@SIMBAD. In relation to the bov, I think I will block the bov vac port or possibly completely remove it. I would however like to have a full functioning plumb back valve at some stage also.

Yeah I found the tourqe app a little tricky to work with also. I would get myself ready (fill plug cracked) and started from cold. By the time I got the hoist up, it was already at 35 ℃ and rising quickly. I might give the other option a go. Is it an app or some sort of device?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 17d

It’s an app as well. Just ford specific.

I have a thermostat switch controlling the fan. It turns on at 82c (180f) and the torque app was telling me almost 100c before my fan kicked in.

The forscan app gave me spot on 82c and my fan running pilot light turns on simultaneously just to give you an idea. 
I tried different methods etc etc on torque and couldn’t get any others to work properly.

Sounds like I need this app. I also like the idea of fans running sooner. I got one of my bikes flashed and had the fan came on sooner, make a noticeable difference. Would you have a link to your car, build thread or the like?