what should I buy.

deanogw

• Member For: 7y 11m

hi guys, so recently been looking into the possibility of converting a B series XR ute to LHD, ive decided upon a xr6t/f6 as ive got afew v8s and itd be easier to convert.

cars going to be converted in the uk for me as that's where I work and I can check in on it. the cars end goal and destination is going to be latin america, panama in particular and will be used maybe once or twice a month for my mates charity car club meet. 

now I want power, enough to spank his audi r8 and most c63 amgs, and if im lucky a r35. (unlikely) so im looking around the 400rwkw mark, my debacle is the following, do I buy a roller of any B series xr model and buy a xr6t or f6 engine and zf 6 speed, what benefit will there be for me spending more on the fpv engine then just the normal xr6t. or should I just buy a complete car though ive seen many hitting the 200 to 300k kms.

I assume to reach such power levels, im going to need a big cai, a bigger front mount intercooler, injectors, 4inch turbo back (will be deleting cat and 1 muffler as they arent legal requirements), tune obviously, performance plugs and coils, what other things would need to be done? do I need to do cams and forged rods and pistons, header? obviously valve springs as ive read they go at like half that power.