Over boosting

Locko90

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 7d

Quick google search reveals, you've got 1 of only 229 F6X's built. U Learn something everyday @bjc.

While we're getting way off topic, are you still using water/meth injection or was that a passing fad?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d

@wyatt Yes the car has given some grief which I expected but overall it has been fun, especially traffic light racing in the barge lol. I don't drive much though, almost 28k kms in 9yrs of owning the car gives you an idea!

I've still got the water/meth kit although not fitted to this F6X. Definitely worth it for us up in the North though if sticking with 98oct. Kits aren't very cheap anymore unfortunately (they have progressed with safety features) as I bought mine during the good exchange rate days...Dave Sheehy has had plenty of experience with tuning on water/meth and was the one who put myself and a friend onto it when he was "blueboost" on this forum...look up his old posts if they exist.

Life seems to roll by a lot faster than I imagined with a daughter!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 7d

Thanks again @bjc for the additional info. I'll have to do some in site searches. There is so much great info here.

I imagine your car with such limited release/klms is a real collectors item.

Time just seems to roll on faster and faster and nothing demonstrates that like kids growing up. Recently after a big night at a distant 60th, had one of my daughters drive me home 120 odd k's in the "coupe" and she loved it. She was thinking about getting a Toyota 86, but now she's been T'd I'm not so sure.

Edited by Wyatt
Grammar
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d

@Wyatt PM @XAH03 who is also in Cairns. He's been around for years and would know who is suitable up there for any work on the Ford be it tuning or mechanical... Beau has plenty of experience with the Turbos also. 

He hasn't been on here since the 17th of last month so hopefully he'll jump on soon!