ERICtheBERIC's build thread

ERICtheBERIC

• Member For: 9y 7m 19d

So I thought Id make a thread for my build now that its FINALLY started, to get some feedback and advice from you guys along the way as youve been quite helpful in the past . You may remember me from a few years ago when I swapped a BA turbo motor and manual gearbox into my BA xt.

the car in question:

PIZv8Mn.jpg?1

Shes been going pretty strong over the years with some brake and suspension upgrades and ive finally got some cash together to build a motor. Nothing too crazy as I am by no means a millionaire but I want to achieve a reliable 500 rwhp for some circuit track work and keep it regoed while getting the most bang for buck I can achieve. The overall plan was to buy a low kms FG n/a motor, recondition it and slap on the stock turbo setup from the current car. As my old man owns a machine shop here in perth I am able to get all the machining and assembly done for free and just pay for the new hardware.

At the moment the plan is to use stock rods and pistons, while upgrading the usual stuff: oil pump gears, valve springs, turbo exhaust valves, all which has already been purchased. The machine work has also begun starting with the head. Weve recut the valve seats, installed the new fg exhaust valves and cleaned up the stock intake valves, installed new crow cams valve springs and faced the head.

Heres the video of the valve seat cutting which is pretty neat:

And the freshly faced head:

eipQJ5o.jpg

Up next is to torque plate hone the block, deck it, balance and polish the crank and prepare for assembly. One other thing im aware of is the dipstick location is on the drivers side on the fg block, so ill have source a BA sump to get its location and drill the block. Has anyone here done this before? And one other thing I wanted to clear up is the FG n/a cams are identical to the turbo cams correct? Ive called up ford and was told they are the same part number

Edited by ERICtheBERIC
  • Like 2