stainless steel exhaust??

Aussie Cars Go

• Member For: 4y 5m 3d

Hey guys new to this chat fest, my ba xr6t is coming to the end of its life after 300+ ks but couldn't let the old girl go, she has been to good to me.  I played around with it and managed to get 295 rwkws which was pretty amazing, but I got myself a fg xr6t mk 11 with leather interior and took it to  proformance shop in Sydney and he played around with it and put in a stainless steel exhaust??? and jumped on the dyno and now having a sweet ride with 328 rwkws…. can anyone tell me what effect the  exhaust has on power output??

Edited by Aussie Cars Go

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 14d

the exhaust just frees up the flow coming out so that new cycles can come through the engine more freely and of course the more exhaust flow the turbocharger loves it.

but the tuner must have done more than just an exhaust to get an FG XR6T to 328rwkw as that's about the maximum on 98 with the stock turbocharger.

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

surely all of your modifications done by him will be on your invoice.

for sure he put in injectors and probably a fuel pump and probably intercooler piping along with the intercooler itself. possibly installed an air intake or battery relocation kit, too.

• Member For: 4y 5m 3d

Yeah I will check it out, I think he did  all of the above except for battery relocation, battery is on drivers side?? does that sound right, and pardon my ignorance but what does the cat??? do??

Edited by Aussie Cars Go

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

If the battery is still on the drivers side, then it hasn't been relocated. The "cat" is the catalytic convertor, it converts environmentally harmful exhaust gases to far less harmful output at the tailpipe. The stock one restricts the flow quite a bit but putting in a "high-flow" version of one allows for restriction to be removed from the engine and turbo.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

with your car, the next step is to upgrade the turbo, so realistically if you can make 320+ repeated, then you've maxed out the stock turbo and no other mods are really necessary :)

the relocation cost varies depending on how much of the work you do yourself, but it's around the $800 mark for the intake and battery relocation equipment (cost can go down a lot on that if you fab up some bits yourself). Power gain depends on supporting mods, but it supports much higher power.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

all Aussie built Fords with a turbocharger have a Garrett turbocharger, so that doesn't narrow anything down.

just take a picture of your invoice (and dyno graph), edit it to take out your personal details and post it here (instructions here -> https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/92470-how-to-put-images-in-your-post/)