Buying a 2005 BF Ford Falcon XR6 need advice

mdejong90

• Member For: 4y 4m 11d

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the Ford/car scene and I owned a BA Falcon SR and fell in love with it... I decided to get a BF and I'm going to look at a 2005 BF XR6 6 speed automatic tomorrow with 260xxx on the clock. It's unregistered and requires a blue slip... I can get a blue slip easily so to me it's not a problem and got a BF SR that I can help myself to parts... Just looking for a bit of advice on how much you would look at paying for one? Front bumper is a bit rough but doesn't look overly bad and from the photos the body looks pretty clean and only problem I can see with the interior is the driver's seat with a bit of a rip and steering wheel looks worn... It also needs center bearing replaced in the diff... What things should I look out for when looking at it... Like common problems etc. Person is trying to sell it for $2000 but I'm thinking a $1000 would be a good offer to start with because it needs a blue slip and a trailer to get it home because it's not registered...

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

Yeah, $1k isn't the worst starting point as it means you can meet somewhere in the middle. Don't be shocked if the seller tells you to F'off, though, as a half-offer is often looked at badly.

:Welcome2FordXR6t: