Price of ba mods arnt to expensive

Conversion xr6t

• Member For: 6y 28d

Hay just wondering why every one says to build a ba engine to match or pass the specs is more expensive than just buying a buying a bag motor it only cost 750 for connecting rods to match 1200hp and 440 for valves that are top quality then the rest are basic Bolton’s the heads different but you just get more compression out of the ba 

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 20d

Even the most basic Barra engine build to handle 400rwkw is around $4000 in parts and machining 

Anything less and you’re not doing it right 

Yeah probably if you have to pay for  labour it could still don’t know where you are but for me to get a half decent fg turbo front cut is around 2500 just purchase than transport 3000 then the small bits and pieces gonna cost that anyway may aswell build from inside out or buy a n/a block and building it from inside out

What are some brand names you would steer clear from when going for Conrods and is the crank the same through out and is it worth swapping out and if so any recommendations

Lol well maybe youse it for helping instead of commenting stuff that just doesn’t really help that much it’s like talking to the riddler

Riddle me this riddle me that what mods will you do to make the crack ????

• Member For: 8y 1m 1d

Yes you could buy a later upgraded spec motor and just boost it ECT, or have the enjoyment and satisfaction of working on and building your own motor! One of the best things imo is that you can save up and buy the pieces needed for the rebuild I.e ,rods, pistons, bearings, harmonic balancer, valve springs, and the like, then when you're ready pull the motor, have the head worked and fitted with the new valve springs, have the block acid cleaned and cylinder bores honed to specifications for the new pistons rods ECT. And have the knowledge of what's in your engine and what the parts are, and can handle power wise. But that's just my 2 cent's worth 🙂