FG F6 393rwkw

jordan882

• Member For: 6y 11m 12d

So I thought I would post a little log of my F6.

I purchased the car in early 2019 trading in my G6ET for this 2009 FG F6 MK1 in Lightning Strike

I purchased the car stock besides a Process West Stage 2 intercooler.

LdnD88k.jpg

I knew it needed diff bushes and some of the other usual wear and tear parts on falcons, however I was a little bit too excited about getting my F6 and overlooked a few things. When driving it home I noticed the trans was slipping from 3rd to 4th. So I decided to book it into CMS for a new trans and a PWR heat exchanger as well as a retune to hopefully prevent it happening in the future.

GAplBlw.jpg

PXjdyF0.jpg

The car made 282rwkw basically stock which I was very impressed with for now.

I then bought some Michelin Pilot Super Sports all round to hold traction(I didnt have a lot of issues with traction in the first place but with future plans I think this was a good choice)

I had noticed the gearbox was slipping when cold and acting up again. However I put it down to it not being topped up with fluid correctly. I put up with this for a little bit to long, being hesitant of where to book the car into.

Over the past few years I had heard great things about hoontune, and now Precision Racing so I decided I would save and get my next round of mods from them. 

So roughly 9 months later I booked it into Precision Racing for a transmission and gearbox service and their stage 2 package which consisted of:

- 4" Dump and Cat, twin 2.5" Catback exhaust
    - Wastegate Mod and upgraded actuator
    - 1000cc Bosch injectors
    - Intank walbro 460 Fuel pump
    - Silver racing spark plugs
    - 4" Race airbox and battery relocation
    - GFB Fuel presssure reg

- Speedflow Turbo feedline kit

XxZKAif.jpg

jxRDPsf.jpg

3nUaEtd.jpg

BEFORE

6CYFYMl.jpg

AFTER

The guys at Precision Racing had great customer service and were awesome to deal with. I cant speak highly enough of them.

The car feels amazing being my daily driver, I was shocked at the drivability of it. 

A long term goal for me was to have a 10 second street car so hopefully I will eventually get there. But due to a busy work schedule and my other commitments I think that can wait a little while. 

As of right now I dont have any big plans for the car, I want to tidy up the bay, get some gauges and possibly a kayhan ICC.

For now I think its just a matter of keeping on top of maintenance and finding out what is going to break next.

Z9bGVng.jpg

My Brothers BA F6

\1dCYheJ.jpg

LtAFOE4.jpg

Precision Racings carpark

TPpZOyT.jpg

• Like 1

• Member For: 6y 11m 12d
1 hour ago, Admin (as if) said:

nice blog write up

avoid the kayman unit, cheap Chinese sh*t 

I am undecided on it at the moment.

I've heard good and bad things. Recently I have seen them focusing on bettering their customer support which was terrible, and they have been getting a lot more positive reviews.

My brother also has one in his F6 and has had no issues in the few months he has had it. 

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

I think they look hideous

they released a product full of flaws, everyone on club fg got one, and they have done nothing but try fix it with every new update model.  pathetic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 6d

I bought a Kayhan unit in the original batch when it was first released. Truly diabolical product with so many issues - horrible!

A few months ago they sent me a replacement v3 system. Yes, its still cheap chinese stuff, but now it works - flawlessly in my car so far. Love the functionality, I use a usb modem.

Still not sure I would recommend it. On the plus side I learnt a lot about the electrical systems in my car with the original unit lol

• Like 3