Not reading fault codes - XR6T Fg 2

Lundrel

• Member For: 4y 6m 13d

Folks - Have just bought a XR6T 2014 FG ute for work and have done 6K in the last 3 weeks and 2 fault codes come up on the dash. Tried my scanner and the live data was fine but came up with no fault codes. Went to repco and tried their Foxwell reader and same, no codes but data was OK. When I first bought the car the dealership were able to access all codes and reset so I'm not thinking its car but the OBD2 readers. Is the mk2 a little special with code access and requires a certain tool ? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for that k31th.

Well that's a pain in the backside and being a Electronics Tech I've got to say Technology = Frustration.

The warnings are traction control and engine warning, so I would imagine there would be a sensor input that is out of spec throwing up these faults which would need the ECU to produce these warnings through its firmware programming logic to the dash and then not produce a readable fault code (DTC) to track the error, that's gold.

The car is going alright except for no cruise control, which is obviously locked out by the Engine warning which resets when the car is turned off/on but comes back on while taking off.

I think its time to get into the nitty gritty of these systems and see how they work.

Off now to old mate down at Ford (owes me some favours) and see what they say.

Thanks for your time and I will let the forum know what happens.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 25d

Where abouts are you?

Maybe some people with a known working scanner nearby that could offer to let you try?

So went down to old mate and the car had 6 codes.

Turned out to be 2 brake bulbs gone after going over some dirt road corrugations.

Love to know the thought process behind that logic equation. Too many VB's one night I think.

Still have to work out a Scanner that will work correctly.