Cold air intake kit?

LachieWalshaw

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

well, if you relocate the battery, you don't need to have the cold air intake to go underneath it as the battery won't be there anymore.

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Member For: 4y 6m 4d

I do need a cold air intake mate😂where’s the normal air manifold meant to run to? There’s going it be no box because the turbo one will be seperate on the drivers side and the battery will be where the air box is on the passenger side. What I’m asking for is where can I find a cold air intake kit to run separately off the air manifold.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

the air intake goes to the front of the turbocharger, so where the battery is in the stock form is the ideal location for shortness and size of piping/filter.

When you have a turbo-side air-intake, you obviously need to replace the cold side of the intercooler piping to suit this or change both your intercooler and associated piping.

The stock air intake route is as such (it's not great): from passenger side over top of engine into front of turbo, out of turbo and over the front part of the k-frame then to the bottom of the stock intercooler, then out of the top of the stock intercooler and back up underneath the drivers headlight then up underneath the battery then up to the throttle body.

• 2 weeks later...