Need inspiring advise EX W/Gate

Aus123

• Member For: 4y 10m 28d

Hello after long time a new post

as you can see the in the video I have this rattling  noise coming from somewhere from my actuator I believe (somewhere from turbo).

I had this problem before, had no idea what it was. took it to my tuner a few months ago and they fixed it and said you actuate was not sitting in position and we moved it slightly into position and that fixed it.

after a while the rattling noise came back and went to my tuner again to have a chat.

they said no matter what we do, it always starts to come back as the (turbo or something is keeping moving itself).

he said you need a external wastage setup and also said something about machining the turbo (which I din't quite understand as he was very busy).

I believe its running on internal wastage as he also said your (turbo is lazy and and come on boost late) but said won't hurt anything else if I continue running as it is.

just wanted to make sure of this with you great folks.

whats your thought on this.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

Hey mate 

well done with the pictures but you have potential x2 problems one is cheaper than the other to fix 

Problem 1 Turbosmart actuators are sometimes difficult to set up and there is a possibility the tuner has wound the actuator right out so it has no preload and the flapper arm has a “stub” on it that the actuator hole goes over to join the arrangement. If this has no preload the stub can rattle against the actuator hole

Problem 2 

I see you have bought a complete GCG GTX G2 3582 with one of their junk 1.15 rear housings 

see post #4784 and I go over the exact problem one of my customers had when he took off to buy hardware without asking first ;) 

both problems cause laggy turbo operation and if you want to fix it with a new 1.06 housing hit me up on P.M as I can sell you one of my spec units

Edited by JETURBO
  • Like 1

• Member For: 4y 10m 28d

JETURBO

I actually have gtx 3584 rs turbo with 1.15 rear housing.

I am thinking "Problem 1 Turbosmart actuators are sometimes difficult to set up and there is a possibility the tuner has wound the actuator right out so it has no preload and the flapper arm has a “stub” on it that the actuator hole goes over to join the arrangement. If this has no preload the stub can rattle against the actuator hole" is the main problem other wise it wouldn't rattle.

problem 2? what do you mean 1.15 rear  junk housing? why is this a problem.

about post 4784 looked and searched that post on the search bar, nothing come up,. (only thing I found was how you went to study tunning) .

if I keep driving it like this would it hurt my turbo or engine or something as my tuner said it'll be fine.

thanks in advance