ECU AND BEM REPLACEMENT

Chrisppy

• Member For: 4y 6m 8d

Hey guys, 

I have a 2006 XT BF FALCON MKII

Bought it for $300 after a lot of work and replacing a big list of stuff.

I went to start it and NOTHING!?

Turns out it blew a 140amp main fuse so I have replaced that but it's gone into limp home mode and I got a mate to come out and scan the car for me and he said it comes up with 15-20 codes and he tried clearing them but they all come straight back.

He says I've fried the ECU and BEM... and I'll have to replace them and then take car to ford to get the ECU, BEM and the key all married up again,

My question is can I just go to the wreckers and grab any ECU and BEM, slap them in and take the car to ford and the can marry it all together ??

Any help is appreciated 

Thanks 

Chris 

Edited by Chrisppy

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 27d

Would be useful to know what the codes are - just cos you have lots doesn't mean everything is cooked. Sometimes minor issues cause lots of codes. Have you checked all of your other fuses?

If they are cooked have a look for a car being wrecked of the same model. When I wrecked my previous car, I sold the BCM, PCM, ignition barrel, drivers door lock and keys as a set so they could just be transplanted into another car. Probably cheaper than buying individual PCM and BEM and then getting a tow to Ford.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 27d

If it comes from something different, you will need the tune/strategy that matches your car flashed into the replacement ECU.

If the replacement ECU comes from a different fuel/engine/trans combo, it won't run your car without having that done first.