Not happy with power gains after recent upgrades

Mick666

• Member For: 4y 6m 10d

Could use some advice just spent 5500k on upgrades new Plazmaman stage 3 cooler and pipes Walbro 416 fuel pump custom exhaust 4 inch ceramic coated dump 3.5 inch cat and mufflers and 3.5 inch single system 3 inch intake with pod filter car also has Crow valve springs 1000cc injectors factory turbo with flapper mod and 12psi actuator Atomic timing chain full kit ZF with custom tune car is a 06 BF MK1 running 14psi only made 338rwkw after last tune and made 327rwkw last tune with China intercooler Walbro 255 and sh*tty exhaust so I made 11kw for 5500k so you can probably understand my frustration was hoping for at least 370+rwkw was I expecting to much wonder if the tuner was just being really conservative any feed back would be appreciated 

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 6d

You didn’t pay for numbers.

Money doesn’t equal power. 

The package you have now would be more efficient, better in the mid range, more reliable and have a heap less strain on your engine to make that power.

that's about what a Bf makes on 98 fuel at 14 pound when working efficiently. Sounds about right to me. 

The fact of the matter is you can give someone two cars with two different tunes and the better tune will feel faster, doesn’t mean it’s reflected on Rwkw necessarily on your dyno sheet. 

Worry about how it feels not the numbers, unless you’re building a dyno queen car, in which case I suggest you change your entire approach mods wise. 

To make more power on those mods on that turbo it needs more boost... which your tuner may have chosen not to do due to a bunch of factors, condition etc.

Edited by Mrs Jeturbo
  • Like 2

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 23d
1 hour ago, Mick666 said:

Could use some advice just spent 5500k on upgrades new Plazmaman stage 3 cooler and pipes Walbro 416 fuel pump custom exhaust 4 inch ceramic coated dump 3.5 inch cat and mufflers and 3.5 inch single system 3 inch intake with pod filter car also has Crow valve springs 1000cc injectors factory turbo with flapper mod and 12psi actuator Atomic timing chain full kit ZF with custom tune car is a 06 BF MK1 running 14psi only made 338rwkw after last tune and made 327rwkw last tune with China intercooler Walbro 255 and sh*tty exhaust so I made 11kw for 5500k so you can probably understand my frustration was hoping for at least 370+rwkw was I expecting to much wonder if the tuner was just being really conservative any feed back would be appreciated 

Maybe you have a skinny rod motor. If so those mods were a waste of money. If not turn the boost up to 18psi. Should go close to 400 on 98. 

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 6d
48 minutes ago, Mrs Jeturbo said:

You didn’t pay for numbers.

Money doesn’t equal power. 

The package you have now would be more efficient, better in the mid range, more reliable and have a heap less strain on your engine to make that power.

that's about what a Bf makes on 98 fuel at 14 pound when working efficiently. Sounds about right to me. 

The fact of the matter is you can give someone two cars with two different tunes and the better tune will feel faster, doesn’t mean it’s reflected on Rwkw necessarily on your dyno sheet. 

Worry about how it feels not the numbers, unless you’re building a dyno queen car, in which case I suggest you change your entire approach mods wise. 

To make more power on those mods on that turbo it needs more boost... which your tuner may have chosen not to do due to a bunch of factors, condition etc.

Have never read so much truth in one post on this site 🤣

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 23d

Go talk to your tuner.  He will tell you what he did and why he did it.

Didn't you discuss power goals with the tuner before the work

Didn't he tell you what he expected it to make with your mods. 

Is the tuner not a well known shop.

• Thanks 1