ZF question

blacktur8oute

• Member For: 10y 4m 15d

Hi all

ive just had my ZF rebuilt and I’ve just fitted it back to the car When moving the selector lever from the transmission under the car the back wheels turn when I rotate them in all the positions P R N D and when the lever is in the DRIVE position it turns like it in neutral smoothly should it take a bit of forse when turning the back wheels in drive for them to turn is this normal will it adjust once it’s ready to be started, also even with the cable fitted to the transmission selector and I do the same from inside the car does the same thing I’m concerned should I be 

I’ve just also tuned the engine from the harmonic balancer bolt and positioned the selector in all of the previous positions P R N D and the tail shaft is not turning long like in netutal but when I do the same and rotate the wheels the tail shaft turns 

Could I of not installed the convertor properly? Checked to make sure and all was good and bolted up perfect to the flex plate and the block, could it be that there is only oil in the pan as car hasn’t been started yet  to pump in the amount required