Alpine AV plan

Rosey

• Member For: 4y 6m 7d

Well picked !  Those 15mm of extra space will make it easier to plug in the main power n speaker plug. I haven’t modified the Ford icc side mount brackets so getting the power plug in with my 007 Alpine is a bit fiddley, as is the USB plug which is right next to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 20y 4m 25d

Good to see all you guys sharing your info. Things have come a long way so since I wrote up a tutorial to mount a single din head unit in a BA Falcon almost 15 years ago! I also used to make an adapter for the BA steering wheel controls to work with Alpine head units. 

I am about to embark on the same project myself now in my FG. I had an old Sony xav-701 which I completely gutted and was going to fit the screen in the same place as the MK1 colour screen. It's a pretty easy fit but at the end of the day, it is a source unit which is coming close to being 10 years old. 

I pick up my Alpine ilx-w650 today. Just need to get the canbus adapter working on the Hvac. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 4y 6m 7d

Sorry I’m not on the Aust ford forum.

So far my icc is still plugged in as normal and I haven’t touched the main connector. This idea to get the icc display up to the alpine ILX-007 is basic with average results, but it shows the climate controls . And it shows the CD display , which is good as I’m running it into the Alpine via the AUX input. No I haven’t touched the cga. 

• Like 1