Alpine AV plan

Rosey

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 11d

I diy’d this over a year ago, joying android head unit, custom arduino on the canbus and deleted the factory icc. Pretty happy works great, factory sub goes better and carplay and torque guages are awesome. Cost me a fraction of a kayhan thing and was my first foray into car audio so was very rewarding.
347276bd9b2d1e3e0fd436e2958f7dcf.jpg

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Hey mate unsure of the policy on linking to other forums but its all pretty well detailed over
at AFF here “DIY Head Unit Upgrade”
https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11475851

Obviously built a lot on other ppls works, first the tesla style icc replacement then the alpine route and I went the android head unit route. I actually ummed and ahhed about the kayhan but couldnt bring myself to pay top dollar for 3-4 yr old head unit tech when I got top of the line current, subsequently reading all the problems and revisions the kayan uint went through I was pretty damn glad.

Hvac controls work fine but I have no display, had various plans to but in the end to make it cold u press cold heaps and to make it hot u press hot heaps its not that complicated lol

If u have any more questions that arent answered in the other thread or if keithy deletes my forum linking then happy to answer more here.

• Donating Members

Haha cool thanks, its pretty detailed in the other forum and easily enough to replicate for anyone willing. Ive got some good write ups on pin outs and wiring so it should be a decent resource for ppl.