Alpine AV plan

Rosey

• Member For: 4y 6m 7d

Sorry for being soooooooo fn slooooooooooooow 😬

Bloody wreckers in my area wouldn’t supply me a fg mk2 facia and ‘top hat’ unless I bought the whole unit . One company wanted $599 for an mk2 unit after listing  on their website at $189, but increased the price when I turned up 🤬. But I have now received one and have tried an Alpine for sizing. Pictured is a 7” alpine with its surrounding trim behind my mk2 facia -hoping to fit it this week .
 I am still waiting for the previously mentioned dash kit that I’ve been told has the climate controls that is used in the Late model camira dash kit positioned above the air vents , and the double din mounting ‘hole’ positioned underneath.  This doesn’t appeal to me , but it’s versatility may appeal to others.

And I’ve had a response regarding any modifications to alpine units to aid installation, in that there would be no warranty at all .RYiQNXB.jpg

I love the alpine inbuilt adjustability 😃VcqvuFj.jpg

2F90bFF.jpg

Flat out at work today but started on my ‘Alpine FG ‘ project with a bit of work early , some more at lunch and after knock off. Thanks to my boss who gave me the pictured old unit to test/fashion/mount/check out things. Had to make custom brackets (of course) and didn’t get time to do any wiring ,so call this progress......a bit 😎96JjznY.jpg

Have a close look and let me know what you think. I’ve been in the trade long enough to take the good with the bad feedback, but I’m fussy , so nothing is going to done in a hurry 🤓

And I work at Freeway Car Audio in Dandenong , so when it’s done you can pop around for a butchers hook and listen 👀👂

sRDbHIx.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

jCiLZiv.jpg
The aftermarket FG installation kit will look something like this - I assume 🤔. The air vents will in the middle obviously ,with the aftermarket climate controls on top, which is why I’ve posted it upside down 😜

But yet to see it 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

DHEXXFN.jpgmL5j0g0.jpgCrazy times eh ? Busy time at work or not at work at all 🤔 And a horrible family illness to add to the virus issues 😫

I pulled the ICC out to run the cables today, which included power harness , speaker output wires, aux input cables, rear camera harness, ext. antenna lead, USB ext. cable, and harness for steering wheel controls.

• Like 1