Alpine AV plan

Rosey

• Member For: 4y 6m 7d

Hi all !

I’m  new to your community but have been in the car audio for approx 30 years, and currently work in Melbourne .  I bought my sons 2009 xr6 recently , and it has no Bluetooth camera USB etc etc soooooooooooo I plan to upgrade like everyone else . I must admit I’m a bit of an alpine man after being a dealer for many years and completing their GAIT courses ( there’s some homework for you 😜) so an Alpine AV unit is my plan. Any interest from this community, as most Ford ears have pricked up when mentioned 😃

Looking at this unit 😎

https://www.alpine.com.au/shop/navigation/advanced-navigation/x308au/

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

looks like a quality unit, if not a little on the pricey side... have a read of this thread to look into a fully integrated ICC replacement with those features you want -> https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/94218-fg-mk-1-2-fgx-babf-and-territory-replacement-icc/

Yes I’ve read a lot of those posts, and I’ve recently fitted those units and played with them .

I’m planning to professionally fit a Alpine to my FG at the car audio business and Alpine dealership that I work at. 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

sounds like you know what you want and know how to go about getting it done :)

update us with pics and information on your sound system build when it happens?

Yeah no probs.

I did some measurements yesterday and I need to get the FGII/FGX top facia and ‘top hat’.

I haven’t mentioned that I wanted front/rear/sub rca out on a new unit, as I took that as a ‘gimme’ 🙂

And posting my photos on this site is done by ?

More investigation and measurement , and looking at the $$$ the ilx702 is a far more affordable option. It hasn’t got sat nav but that can done via apple car play or android auto. 

But it has digital radio and aux input ,which another option I looked at in the iLx-w650 doesn’t have. And very appealing at $899 with a alpine camera .

https://www.alpine.com.au/shop/navigation/audio-visual-receivers/ilx-702d-cam/

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 17y 10m 3d
On 21/09/2019 at 10:27 AM, Rosey said:

Hi all !

I’m  new to your community but have been in the car audio for approx 30 years, and currently work in Melbourne .  I bought my sons 2009 xr6 recently , and it has no Bluetooth camera USB etc etc soooooooooooo I plan to upgrade like everyone else . I must admit I’m a bit of an alpine man after being a dealer for many years and completing their GAIT courses ( there’s some homework for you 😜) so an Alpine AV unit is my plan. Any interest from this community, as most Ford ears have pricked up when mentioned 😃

Looking at this unit 😎

https://www.alpine.com.au/shop/navigation/advanced-navigation/x308au/

I still have a GAIT manual around somewhere. I used to do a bit of car audio myself, back in the day....

I'll be very interested to see how you go about it. I currently run an Alpine DVA-9965E through the factory colour screen. I was thinking of running a touch screen with a Raspberry Pi, but may be persuaded if you are successful. Keep us posted on developments...

Some of my work, from many, many moons ago...

gnxRN8C.jpg

Edited by HI PSI
  • Like 2

Hi HI and Fluff !

great to hear from a GAIT student/certificate holder 😃  . And I like your boot work too 😃

As you are waiting on Alpine to FG info, so I’m also waiting on responses to my inquiry’s . There is a aftermarket dash kit coming for FG’s that will allow ( rumour has it ) a standard double din stereo. I haven’t seen it , but put up my hand for installing and testing the first one . I’m also waiting to see if my request for modifications to some alpine units are possible to make them fit, and if there are any warranty issues for the modifications.

And I’ve been away on holidays 😎

• Like 1