Remove turbo actuator / actuator upgrade

Locko90

• Member For: 4y 11m 22d

G'day fellas,

I'm in the process of changing my stock boost actuator to a new 12psi turbo smart actuator.

I decided that I would take the exhaust manifold off with the turbo still attached.

so I went ahead and disconnected all water and oil lines from the turbo.

Removed dump pipe, intercooler piping and exhaust manifold.

And this is where I've hit abit of a road block taking the turbo off, there seems to be a bracket on the side of the block that is holding the turbo and exhaust together (shown in pictures)

How would I go about getting these bolts out? And are there anymore hidden bolts I might need to get out 6b7426a17fab7019f15abdc0943be7cf.jpg4bceed58251058968b5fb05ff3abaf74.jpg99cde8a63ac03a6dca93a99abc2290cf.jpg

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Yeah, that bracket is a real PITA. You can either undo it from the two bottom manifold-to-turbocharger nuts or you can undo the one you have an arrow going to along with the one that's in the middle of the engine mount (use a spanner shaped like a "table top" to get onto the one in the middle of the engine mount)

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

I strongly suggest not fitting a TS 12 psi actuator unless you’re very experienced in using the TS actuators. Use a Garrett Genuine 11.8psi actuator or let your tuner fit the T/S one as I’ll almost guarantee they will need to adjust it again 

• Gold Donating Members

Yeh, nar 

every application is very different hence why the TS actuators have mixed reviews as it’s very specific 

• Gold Donating Members

Not all actuators are linear in movement vs input unfortunately so every application reacts differently and you need to see how a TS actuator works ( very unforgiving ) 

The Garrett range are very good to providing somewhat of a linear motion hence why it’s a almost dummy proof arrangement for newbs 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d
On 21/09/2019 at 5:13 PM, JETURBO said:

I strongly suggest not fitting a TS 12 psi actuator unless you’re very experienced in using the TS actuators. Use a Garrett Genuine 11.8psi actuator or let your tuner fit the T/S one as I’ll almost guarantee they will need to adjust it again 

Hi, do you have a Link to where I can buy a Garrett Genuine 11.8psi actuator for a BA?

Cheers