Has anyone seen my old falcon?

wing_nut_101

• Member For: 4y 6m 10d

Hey guys. I know this is an absolute long shot. but, many a moon ago, (2010-2012, somewhere around that time) my father sold his beloved XR6 Turbo BA ute. And I'm trying to find out what happened to it. Rumour has it, it ended up in Sydney, but I'm not totally sure. It was sold in Qld. Unfortunately, all I have of that ute are some EXTREMELY low quality photos, I'm talking potato spec photos. 

The 4 photos I have left:

Heres a quick block of info on the car. It was a fully built BA. Fully done suspension, 900kw at the wheels, 1600nm. It was an auto, but it absolutely raped gearboxes, I'm talking 5000-10000 km if you were lucky. So whoever bought it would have had all the fun in the world changing boxes. It had an alloy flatbed, and it had this blue carpet stuff attached to the flat bed. I also distinctly remember it having a Bob Jane T-marts sticker on the back window, along side one that said "Sucks to be you." I'm just trying to find out what happened to the damned thing. It's always made me wonder, and it just hit me this morning that I should go to the forums, and see if anyone happened to buy the vehicle, or know someone who did, or where it went. Anything could have happened to it. It may have been written off and sent into a tree for all I know. The car introduced me to high horsepower fun, so I just want to take a trip down memory lane. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks :)

Edited by wing_nut_101
adding more info

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

it looks vaguely familiar, but I couldn't find anything that came to mind in a search of the forum...

does your father have an account on this forum?

No mate, just me with an account here.  I'm trying to find whatever else I can on the car. It's a 2005-2006 But I can't find it anywhere. I just really wanna know what happened to the thing. Maybe even buy it back some day, if the current owner wanted to sell it. It was a fully built Barra. Billet block, crank. Forged everything. It was a killer car.  

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

hmm, without any historical data on the car (numberplate, VIN, etc) then it's going to be very hard to find out anything, realistically, unless a member comes along and recognises a blue BA XR6T ute with a BF F6 front bar and a custom tray with aftermarket wheels that look like that... good luck with your search

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

Regardless, number plate would help no one, as I have good evidence it left the state, so a plate change would have happened. I'm trying to find the vin now, and do a REVS check on it. It was clean when it was still in our possession though. Someone might know what happened to it though. They may have bought it or know someone who did. Thanks for all your help so far, if I have any more updates I'll post them here. 

• 9 months later...
  • Member For: 3y 8m 22d

If you have the old QLD numberplate, It might show up on the QLD rego check site

https://www.service.transport.qld.gov.au/checkrego/public/Welcome.xhtml?dswid=-7934

This will tell you then VIN, then you can conduct a PPSR search

https://www.ppsr.gov.au/how-quick-motor-vehicle-search

The PPSR will tell you if it's been written off, stolen etc.