Dose pipe, cold siding piping in way

Ben Evans

• Member For: 5y 7d

Hey all I was planning on putting a dose pipe on my Bf xr6t, I relocated my battery behind my bumper and didn’t realise that the cold side piping would still be in the way of fitting my dose pipe. What is the cheapest option to move the piping to give me the room. Cheers :) 

• Member For: 5y 7d
On 06/09/2019 at 2:25 PM, MBAF said:

Pics? How is it exactly in the way? Bf pipe work drops down below the motor so there should be no clearance issues from the intake

It’s directly in front of the turbo blocking access for a dose pipe where the battery would usually sit.

I posted a photo above 

Edited by Ben Evans
More info

• Member For: 17y 10m 24d

I'm a little confused. A dose pipe  is a pipe that vents wastegate pressure. How are you planning on doing that with a standard turbo and housing assembly.  Btw, you might want to upgrade your cooler and piping before doing anything else.. Those standard hoses are poo... That will help your cause, by making more room..

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

a "dose pipe" is a short pipe off the front of a turbo that accentuates the turbo noises :)

but the rest of what you said is correct, though... need to upgrade the intercooler setup with regard to piping before you'll be able to fit a dose pipe in there.

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 28d

I've never done it myself but can dodgy up some 90 degree 3" pipe.

Option

Also you can use the ribbed flex pipe that runs between the factory airbox and the cross over as it clamps straight to the turbo.

Other then that your looking at intercooler kit and cold side piping like process west, plazmaman rapid etc

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 22d
34 minutes ago, gaz097 said:

I've never done it myself but can dodgy up some 90 degree 3" pipe.

Option

Also you can use the ribbed flex pipe that runs between the factory airbox and the cross over as it clamps straight to the turbo.

Other then that your looking at intercooler kit and cold side piping like process west, plazmaman rapid etc

Sounds like a school girl giggling. Gahy as...

No its a chipmonk.

Edited by arronm