BF Mk 2, not unopened anymore, not stock turbo anymore

Tom Tucker

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Silicone lines yes, rubber vacuum no. The thin rubber ones will fold over on themselves and give false/altered signals. Gotta have barbed fittings and use cable ties at a minimum.

For a more permanent, neat and final solution use an fittings and suitable lines.

In all cases make sure there is a suitable air gap or heat protection for wastegate lines. The last thing you want is a line getting a hole in it and briefly hitting 50psi, when it's built and tuned for 35psi.

For both styles, keep the lines as short as possible for maximum response to solenoid activity.

Tl;Dr: Short, neat, shielded an fittings ftw

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

Ok, apologies for the delay.

I've finished converting most lines to nylon braided PTFE, including the conversion to a fully billet thermostat housing. Much neater I think. I've retained the header tank for now, but I have a header delete top thermostat housing which I might do later down the track, but only with a radiator upgrade. Coolant temps are rock solid, so no issues.

ZfdmPYl.jpgzDd5N3c.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

Managed to get out today briefly. Warmer temps in Canberra made a huge difference to traction. Managed to get 2nd and 3rd gear down, on the 3/4 setting (around 20psi, maybe 550kw or so). She's pretty quick when it hooks up haha. The G35-900 is pretty epic for a street driven manual. No waiting for boost, and still on like a light switch at lower load in 2nd gear, which is what makes it fun in my opinion. 

• Like 4

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
On 03/09/2023 at 6:57 PM, Tom Tucker said:

She's pretty quick when it hooks up haha.

Sort out a 0 to 100 for us, or even just a roll from under the boost threshold in 2nd or 3rd. People like pics and videos ;)

• Like 1