BF Mk 2, not unopened anymore, not stock turbo anymore

Tom Tucker

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

Ok, new boost controller resulted in better boost control, but it wasn't able to hold 25psi up top. So, it tapped out around 610rwkw. Super happy hitting over 600, with response goals met (I think, haven't driven it yet). I still won't get the car back for around a week, so dyno sheet will be uploaded then.

• Like 4

• Donating Members

I actually don't have it back yet, still a couple of small things to sort.

That bottom one was gate pressure bleeding down. Pretty impressive efficiency out of the G35-900, even at relatively low boost. And there is some good data there on the turbine housing change.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

Yeah I can see the graph Keith, I know which is which :)

I wonder if they had an issue with the dyno map sensor readout that day? The dyno dynamics unit I was using had an update come through and you'd have to recalibrate the sensor every time or it would read several psi high. Farken pita it was too!

Anyhow that aside I'm sure it'll be a blast to drive when you get it back :launch:

• Donating Members

Thanks man. Yeah it should be. I'm stoked at the response achieved. Pretty hard to do better out of a single scroll, single gate setup, making that sort of power.

I'd say my initial thoughts on the G35-900 were pretty accurate. It beats a GTX3582 gen 2 in both power and response.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d
1 minute ago, Tom Tucker said:

It beats a GTX3582 gen 2 in both power and response.

Yeah man G series all the way for now. With how efficient turbos are becoming now, the older ones are looking a bit sh*te in comparison. Even the big fark off G55/G57's have 6% better spool and 28% better turbine flow than the older gtx style turbos.