BF Mk 2, not unopened anymore, not stock turbo anymore

Tom Tucker

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

Latest upgrade - custom catch can! Super happy with it. Made by AT Performance https://atperformance.com.au/ here in Brisbane. It's 3L capacity (CAMS spec) internally baffled with an AN6 drain and replaceable filter. Was 3D scanned, laser cut, perfect tig welds. If anyone is interested, get in touch with Adam, he's a true professional. So much better than the standard catch can that bolts up behind the drivers side strut tower, or the Empire one.

eRX0gmC.jpgcqHXBUW.jpg

• Like 7

• Member For: 1y 10m 19d
On 06/11/2022 at 5:26 PM, Tom Tucker said:

Ok, I have a tree out the front spewing flowers all over my driveway, so no fresh wash. But here are a couple of pics anyway. Has all new plastic front bar, grill, guard plastics, rear bar, headlights and tail lights - all OEM Ford. Cheeky GT wing. And as many new rubber trims as I could find. 

Spent some time today cleaning and tidying stuff, and did an oil change. Swapped back to OEM coolant overflow tank - I like being able to see how much coolant is in there, unlike the metal one.

eh2CaNL.jpgZePLz1m.jpg

with having such a turbo on there. 
how does it go with handling heat?
ive noticed alot of high mounts have the rear housing bag, but people still complain about the heat 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d
2 hours ago, Dat111 said:

with having such a turbo on there. 
how does it go with handling heat?
ive noticed alot of high mounts have the rear housing bag, but people still complain about the heat 

I have the turbo beanie, and wastegate beanie too, plus wrapped dump pipe. Seems ok, haven't melted anything. Stock manifold and heatshield is excellent though, you need to think carefully about upgrading from that.