BF Mk 2, not unopened anymore, not stock turbo anymore

Tom Tucker

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 9m 20d

Breakfast laps at QR sucked. The track was wet, so I had zero traction.

A few people crashed, so I'm lucky I avoided that. And nothing broke, which is handy.

Just refining the tune. Having issues with it leaning out between gear changes, so I get hesitation. I'm assuming decel settings need to be investigated. Anyone do momentary ignition cut on gear changes, clutch switch activated?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d
43 minutes ago, Tom Tucker said:

I'm assuming decel settings need to be investigated.

You been asking keef for boost control tips?! Decel is literally deceleration which is when you take your foot off the throttle and let it coast in gear. It has nothing to do with a gear shift.

A lean hesitation after or while reapplying the throttle, is likely caused by not enough throttle pump enrichment or not a quick enough return to open loop fuel control. Farken people jump the gun and rather than sort the map out properly with no corrections, they try and tune with every farken correction enabled and as such end up with a car that runs like a bag of dicks. I've spent a long time just sitting in my driveway stabbing the throttle to get various cars acceleration enrichment sorted, after the base maps are done. It's a pita but it needs to be done for a complete tune.

• Thanks 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 30d

Wot box.

Brendan around here did it. Had a cool video somewhere that I cant find. He was half mile racing or something at a airport. Don't ever think he found a clutch that could truly handle it.

What bov you got?

Alternatively nitrous seams to work for this fg

57145459a9acdd3d045fc5ae0f4de9a6.jpg

• Member For: 12y 7m 17d
On 03/05/2022 at 8:18 PM, Tom Tucker said:

Anyone do momentary ignition cut on gear changes, clutch switch activated?

I want to do flat shifting in mine, but it's a long way off being tuned...

Though that video above of NOS in between shifts sounds interesting.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members

Bit of an update.

Had the tune revisited, and it turns out the changeover from NSP to NEXUS software screwed with correction tables.

I also changed out the Dyno-Mite stage 1 cams for Atomic stage 3. Huge thanks to @JETURBO for hooking me up. The Atomics are actually more responsive, make more midrange by about 30kw, 100Nm more torque and also make more peak power, up to 613kw. That reminds me, this thread needs a bump up... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Sounds like we need an up to date camshaft thread written by someone who has the data. How good would it be to test every camshaft back to back with the 2 most common upgraded turbo sizes, 35r and 42r?!

• Donating Members

Yeah true. So reviewing the data in more detail, there is up to 45kw difference in the low to mid range. Pretty amazing. The strange thing is the Dyno-Mite cams might actually be slightly faster in reality because of limited traction