BF Mk 2, not unopened anymore, not stock turbo anymore

Tom Tucker

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

Should carry out much further when some boost duty is added to it. It'll be interesting to see what it looks like in a few weeks when it's turned up!

Looks good mate, happy days :)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 9m 19d

Thanks lads.

Looking forward to working through the next set of issues when I gets turned up haha.

Loving the sound of it. 4" turbo back is brilliant, and I think the 4" vs 3.5" dump has helped bring it on slightly earlier than before. Hard to tell though, lots of changed made together

• Donating Members

3UVOgtM.jpg

QNzmQb6.jpg

You probably can't see in the photo, but I got the engine bay painted while the engine was out. Looks soooo much better.

Got the IC-7 hooked up in a temporary location. I have an insert to place it into the dash cluster location, but the wiring for indicators and fuel sender will be a future project.

Getting a few km on the drivetrain. Gearbox is loosening up slightly and shift quality improving. The Haltech self learning is improving idle target and drop between gears and fuel trim is getting better every time.

Next job is to dump the run in oil (Penrite 15W-40 run-in). I'll run another 500km with a fresh lot of that same oil. It'll get some slightly thicker synthetic oil before it gets back on the dyno, which might quieten it up a little too. The 15W-40 seems to have lower oil pressure than I'd like. Sits at around 40psi cruising at 2000rpm, and gets up to 70psi in the upper rpm. I'd like to see an extra 20psi with a 15W-50 or 20W-60. I think the oil pressure is very similar to when I tried 10W-40 with the stock motor, and it ended up being spot on with 15W-50, so I'm not too concerned.

I also have a PRP coil kit to go in. Working away on an FG rocker cover - shaving the bits I don't need, and I need to get some AN10 fittings welded on.

• Like 5

• Donating Members

Run in seems to be going ok so far. Few little teething issues, as expected. 

The extra response is very noticeable. Third gear coming on boost blazes the rears now. Might not seem like much to auto owners who can get the wheels spinning in first or second and keep it going through the gears. Big difference to feeding it on in gear without a torque converter, and overwhelming 275 NT05 semi slicks

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

Mate don't get desensitized to forum dyno numbers, 450kw is fast as fark....still it's gonna be a different animal when it gets another 100 to 200kw added to it

• Like 1