BF Mk 2, not unopened anymore, not stock turbo anymore

Tom Tucker

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

She be opened.

Apparently my oil pump housing had a chunk missing from unknown debris, and my cam lobes had some wear. Good thing I bought the new Dyno-Mite cams! New oil pump with billet gears and backing plate of course.

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Surely this is boring after you've hit your lofty heights? 600kw is weak sauce for a barra these days. But I stand by my manual trans. I'm already in danger of losing the fun aspect with the clutch needed to handle it though...

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Nah man anything over 250rwkw is a fun drive. 600kw at the wheels is farken mental.

I only do what I do for fun, not to make the ideal street car.

• Member For: 10y 5m 27d
My engine builder is a fan of US made stuff, and Howards seem to have a rep for being well finished billet steel rods.
Was originally going to get Carillo rods, but there was a 4 month wait on those. Looked at Nitto, but the Howards are significantly cheaper. 
The G35-900 will only make 600rwkw absolute max, so I'll be well within safety margins. Not interested in massive turbos
Yeh you should be sweet then they will be plenty good enough for that. The set I know that broke was 1170rwhp through a powerglide 1300rwhp manual so think you have a good safety margin.
  • Like 1

• Donating Members

I think they're the sort of numbers the engine builder relayed to the shop. 

Mine will be interesting because its not peak hp that's the concern, it's peak torque low in the rev range (or lower than a typical big turbo)