BF Mk 2, not unopened anymore, not stock turbo anymore

Tom Tucker

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

Yes, unfortunately. Usual valve springs, oil pump gears etc. I probably should have elaborated, but I did that in the turbo thread.

Basically, nobody expected the setup to make that power. Everybody assumed the G35 would need more boost. So it's been turned down significantly to around 440kw, which is still a stretch for the npc single plate...

Anyway, I think I've mentioned elsewhere, but the turbo setup is as follows:

- G35-900 1.01 Vband rear

- 6 boost manifold, hpc coated

- 60mm gen V external gate, plumbed back in

- 4" dump, 3.5" over the rear cradle

• Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

moved to 500+ section and renamed the title from "BF Mk 2, unopened, stock turbo" to "BF Mk 2, unopened, not stock turbo anymore" :icon_ford:

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 2m 23d

Nice! I have same model BF II XR6t with same mods and power as your original post. but now I think the stock turbo needs replacing (can hear it wind down for about 5 minutes after ignition off)...

How different did it feel between the stock turbo E85 446kw tune vs your now G35-900 RON98 453kw tune? particularly low to mid power delivery, you feel much difference?

I'm contemplating whether I replace stock turbo with same size + E85 retune in hopes of that ~430rwkw mark, or maybe I go different turbo and aim for similar power on 98... was it just the manifold and external gate that you changed along with the G35-900?

• Donating Members

So stock turbo anywhere around the low 400s is hard to go past for value. It came on harder than current setup.

And yep, just changed turbo, manifold and dump obviously. 

Around these power levels you really have to budget for driveline.

Big difference between 98 and e85 tunes 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Just upgraded the fuel system. Plazmaman twin feed rail. Twin -8 feeds, single -6 return through Turbosmart FPR2000. Bosch 1500cc injectors. Already had plazmaman surge/twin pump setup, with flex fuel sensor plumbed in somewhere in between. Seems to run flawlessly. The 540kw the car saw on 20psi had the 1000cc injectors reaching their limit, so I removed that future limitation. 

Also got 1400hp axles to install. The repco ones started clicking after last track day...

Lastly, got a 3d printed dash insert to suit IC7. Might install that one down the track.

Slowly slowly progress continues. 

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

How did the new tune go with all the new fuel system in place ? 

Im a big fan of the IC7 Dash for the Haltech PnP especially if you plum up the sensors required it makes it a brilliant item 

• Donating Members

I think they just adjusted the fuel trims. It made the same power apparently. The Haltech is brilliant for self learning to fix any little imperfections in idle and fuelling in driving conditions that can't easily be replicated on the dyno. And the driveability of those 1500cc injectors is no different to 1000cc.

Agreed on the IC7, keen to get that up and running in the next few months