BF Mk 2, not unopened anymore, not stock turbo anymore

Tom Tucker

• 4 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

So finally got around to driving the high boost e85 tune. Still haven't fixed all the issues since visiting that particular workshop. 

But here's the verdict. The car feels slower than the previous CMS tune which was apparently 399rwkw. It doesn't fry the tyres in second gear, let alone third, which it did previously. 

I've had an independent check done on engine health etc. It's perfect, 200psi across all cylinders, so nothing to do with that. Maybe the clutch is struggling, but it's not coincidence that everything went backwards after he car came into contact with this workshop. 

Beware guys, I'm not the only one that's had issues with tunes coming from this workshop... It's not what it once was I'm told

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Humm sounds like you’re not a happy camper mate, have you had a direct conversation with Joe about this from Precision racing ? 

• Donating Members

I've spoken to Joe, and despite apologies I'm still well out of pocket. I've since moved from Sydney, so no way of taking back again. The point is, you shouldn't have to take your car back several times if a workshop does a good job in the first place. All I can do in this instance is try and move on, and share the experience so that others can make informed decisions about where they spend their money. 

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members

Update:

Car now has a Haltech, intake was pulled, gaskets replaced, and battery moved to boot. Basically everything the previous workshop touched was redone and fixed. 

Sooooo much better. Tune needs a little more work, but it's actually fun to drive now. 

Power figures were around 360kw on 98, 430kw on e85, flex enabled. 

No more misfire! They actually did some troubleshooting and found the primary issue to be the back cam sensor. The sensor was brand new, but the plug was replaced. 

Expensive journey, but such is playing with cars

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

Good pickup. That is starting to be an issue on high K cars at the coil pack connector. The wiring goes hard and brittle. 

• 8 months later...